Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New photos

New photos

I just uploaded the latest batch of photos to my site here:
    http://www.sjwilson.net/reef/
    Just click the link to "Current Tank Photos" at the bottom of the main page to view them.

Highlights this month:
    - new copperband butterfly, in quarantine and in the reef
    - new mate for my ornate leopard wrasse
    - frosty the crab strikes again - my big monti cap!
    - new tubastrea initial opening sequence

And of course my usual dry commentaries. Let me know what you think.
    Susan

ijo
    Awesome pics Susan...

It looks like that big cap was green afterall and has some really nice tiers going.

I can't get over you CB.. what a great fish.. those pics have got to be the best of a CB I have ever seen!!

Can't wait for next months diary update

IJO

I'm just in love with my big monti cap Ivan - thanks so much, it's my favorite coral now. And yeah, its colour has really improved a lot. Every night I target feed it some of my Special SPS Slurry (phytoplankton, golden pearls, roti rich and Selco). I think it really makes a difference.

Chloe, the little copperband has absolutely stole my heart. She's smaller than my male mandarin but already standing up to the big 6" anthias. Copperbands are just so much smarter than most other fish, it really gives them character.
    Susan

Hey Susan,

I just checked out the latest pictures and they look great. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the little characters in person at the next meeting.
    The colours on the Mandarins are very stunning.
    As usual, great photo's.

:thumb:

great stuff Susan! Don't let me forget my magic brush for those yellow polyps!
    Gail in Nova Scotia

WOW great pictures Susan........Hmmmmmm thats worth the drive to Halifax,to see that tank in person :walking: Oh and boy do i love partying in that city : :drunk:

Pluff
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

Great pics Flame,

Nice tank with lots of interesting corals and fish. :thumb:

Now you have me worried about my anthelia ....

Nice Swirls .... :

Van impdaddy
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

Susan,
    My Leopard wrasse I just got is the same type as your new one ( same coloring).
    Out of curiosity, you didn't have any problems keeping a Feather Duster with your 1st CBB? Has the new one payed any attention to it yet? I had 3 nice big FeatherDusters and a couple nice red/white miniature ones and my CBB basically killed them all by picking at them.
    That new frag of Pocillipora someone gave you is the same as one that I have. It won't turn pink. It will stay a nice purplish/burgandy under your 6500k's. That is how it was when I had the same lights ( Iwasaki 250w. 6500K). I was actually dissapointed because when I got the frag from my friend, in his tank it was the purpleish/burgandy but the polyps had a green metallic sheen to them. Once I changed my lights to the radiums I also have the green sheen to it now. It looks 2 toned. below is a pic of what it looks like now.

CAT
    The tank looks great, Susan Love the anthias.
    Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.

photo gallery: http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/showgallery.php?ppuser=424

ReefVan - Yeah, I've actually replaced both swirls since buying the first set. The first one failed after 3 or 4 months due to a faulty motor. The company sent replacement motors but it was still a hassle. The second one I may have killed by having it mounted too low in the water. When it died I disected it and the inside was full of salt creep. Oh well. Next time I need a replacement it will be a Reef Rat!

Toutouche - Next time I replace my bulbs I'll be going with something other than Iwasakis. They do give great coral growth but I would really like better colour. Of course I just replaced the ones I have now last month *sigh* What bulbs are you using exactly? I'd like to make note of it so that I have it on hand next time around. That pink and green pocillopora is amazing - prettiest one I've ever seen!
    Susan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast