Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Where to buy a 40G breeder tank?

Anybody have a 40G breeder tank ( 36" L x 18" D x 16" H) I can buy that is in good condition?

Bigal's does not stock them apparently so its a custom order (4weeks)

I want to use this tank as my sump.

Thanks hyeah:
    Click For Pictures

90g AGA Reef Ready bare bottom with 100lb of cooked Hatian LR, 40g breeder sump, Mag9.5 pump, Coralife 48" Auqualight Pro, Euro-Reef RS135, Sequence Barracuda pump, SpectraPure Maxcap RO/DI

liv
    hmm... why not make one with some acrylic ? get some scraps for the baffles at canus and get a piece of 8feet x 16" wide and bend it yourself..shouldn't be that expensive.
    thats how I did my sump.. 8 foot long, 3 foot wide and 20high in the back.. 16 in the front.

I dont really think it would turn out that well since it would be the 1st time I have ever worked with acrylic. The reason I decided on a 40g breeder tank is because its the exact dimentions I need so it will fit like a glove.

Getting some glass cut for baffles seems a whole lot easier.
    Click For Pictures

90g AGA Reef Ready bare bottom with 100lb of cooked Hatian LR, 40g breeder sump, Mag9.5 pump, Coralife 48" Auqualight Pro, Euro-Reef RS135, Sequence Barracuda pump, SpectraPure Maxcap RO/DI

liv
    very true
    if you decide to try some acrylic..you can try by playing around with some scraps from canus.. its free at the door ( on your left when you come in.. ..big bin ) and try and heat it up and bend it.. glue it.. cut it.. etc. its an easy material to play with.. and I find for a sump.. alot more forgiving.. since you dont really care about scratches.. it can take more abuse.

just re-read your original post.. why not wait the 4weeks and get exactly what you want.. this hobby is about patience. Run it in a tub container if you need to run it for now.. when you get that new tank.. swap it out.

This is what im currently using untill then.

Click For Pictures

ToX
    that's what I have for a sump, a 40g breeder, I got it at big al's Innes last year, they had it in stock... that's weird. nice dimensions... you should be ok with the rubbermaid sump for a while.

liv
    have you tried the other stores like superpet and petsmart ?

Quote Originally Posted by liv
    have you tried the other stores like superpet and petsmart ?
    Nope, I never think about those stores.

Thanks!
    Click For Pictures

If you could, pickup their 65gallon for 99$ vs the 40 breeder which is 75$ (I got one from there). If your looking for a special, i dont think the 40br will be on sale since there isn't much of a markup on them @ big als.
    10.G Nano Reef
    40.G Reef (ITW)

Quote Originally Posted by FLIP
    If you could, pickup their 65gallon for 99$ vs the 40 breeder which is 75$ (I got one from there). If your looking for a special, i dont think the 40br will be on sale since there isn't much of a markup on them @ big als.
    65g is way too big for my space.

I could not fit anything larger than a 40g breeder.

Thanks anyways.
    Click For Pictures

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast