Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Recognize these?

225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMís, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.

ohh nasty, sorry about your luck. did you just get some new coral?

hope you can get it treated and save the coral's
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

they look like small flat worms to me. I've heard that porceline crabs will get them as well as a few types of wrasse. Porceline crabs tend to like to sit in the branches of an acro annd clean it off parasites adn other critters.

Maybe even check out an arrow crab though I'm not sure about the agression towards small or slow fish.
    Its the early bird that gets the worm, but its the second mouse that gets the cheese.

They are red bugs. One way to kill, Canine heartworm medication. If you have a pety with a vet, call him and explain your situation. I just printed a page from reef centtral about red bugs and gave it to my vet. Came home with the pills and killed those little fu**&%ers dead. You will probably need a hospital tank to do this as shrimp and crabs don't fair well through this treatment.
    Then, never never never put any old frag or coral into a display tank without qt and really really careful examination. Lose some corals to these things and you never want to see them again.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jaden
    They are red bugs. One way to kill, Canine heartworm medication. If you have a pety with a vet, call him and explain your situation. I just printed a page from reef centtral about red bugs and gave it to my vet. Came home with the pills and killed those little fu**&%ers dead. You will probably need a hospital tank to do this as shrimp and crabs don't fair well through this treatment.
    Then, never never never put any old frag or coral into a display tank without qt and really really careful examination. Lose some corals to these things and you never want to see them again.
    Jason

Unfortunatly Seahunter knows very well about these guys and how to "get rid of them" if thats possible or not...

Tony, tell me please, is that a new coral? I havent seen anything in my tank on your frags or on any new corals Ive purchased...

Sorry to hear about your bad luck..

I just got a blue tort from Steve at aqua reef in brossard. What an awesome coral, wold hate to have an infestation at this point...
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Seahunter,
    Does indeed look like red bugs. IMO I wouldn't stress too much about it. I'm still not 100% convinced about the harmfulness of these little guys. Even A. calfo dosen't believe they are harmful to acro (I believe chrismo has him stating that in one of his reef videos).

In any case that acro is a beaut! Did you just get it? and where did you get it? in Montreal?
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. --
    Charles Darwin

Unfortunately like reefsurfer said I know to well what those little f!@#$%ers are. Reefsurfer I havenít added any corals to my tank since the crash, so I would look closely at your corals. Unless I brought them in with fish I recently bought.(doubt it). Iím also looking forward to seeing pics of your tank reef. No pressureÖ take your timeÖ.
    Blue tort??? I thought I gave you one of those....
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,

Well you can certainly leave it be. When all your sps start to bleach, you can contact a vet at that time. For a measly few bucks and some qt'ing you can eliminate these pests. From the look of your colony I would surmise you have more than just that one acro. To me, I prefer to protect my investment in corals. But to each his own.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jaden
    Well you can certainly leave it be. When all your sps start to bleach, you can contact a vet at that time. For a measly few bucks and some qt'ing you can eliminate these pests. From the look of your colony I would surmise you have more than just that one acro. To me, I prefer to protect my investment in corals. But to each his own.
    Jason
    ______________??___________________________
    Did anyone say anything about not treating them??
    And if your talking about what gophia said, I have heard the same online. I have also had the same experience with red bugs. I havenít seen any bad side effects other than seeing them show up in my pictures. My corals really look the same with or without them. And just so you know, I have treated on two separate occasions in the past for red bugs.

I have heard the same thing. I have had them twice in the past. Both times losing corals that I really really hated seeing die. From what someone else said you have had them before. Did you treat them that time?
    If I seem terse I appologize, I just wiped out really badly on my front steps.
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast