Those with big tanks question

Here is a simple question for all those with big tanks or planning big tanks.
    What height are you going to have your tank sit at?
    I am currently thinking that my tank base will be at 33.5" from the ground. Add the 2" CC base and the rock structure will begin at 35.5" off the ground.
    Anyone have thoughts on this?
    It will be a divider between a living and dining room so people will be standing as much as sitting around the tank.
    Thanks for all input.

How did you come up with 33.5?

Myself..

My tank is 30 inches.. a nice hight i can view the tank from my couch!

I planned the top edge of my tank to be just short of the height of my armpit. I can reach the bottom and it is a good height to view while sitting down. I used to hate being on my tip toes to reach bottom.
    Rob

Good question Zookeeper, I was thinking my stand would be 30.25" + 1" styrofoam + 0.75" plywood sheet that the tank is going to be glued onto + 0.75" tempered glass bottom + 0.75" internal glass bottom bracing (like eurobracing but on the bottom of the tank) would give me a starting height of 33.5" bare bottom. My tank right now is 34" to the bare bottom and it is ok.
    Just wanted to get a rough idea what others have.
    ________
    Tanks: 400 gal Reef, 180 gal FOWLR, 300 gal Sump, 40 gal Frag Tray plumbed as one system - 900 gal total water volume.
    DIY Calcium Reactor, Nielson Reactor and Skimmer

Without being able to go and actually measure my height right now ( it's just after midnight and I don't want to make noise to wake anyone), if I can remember correctly, that is justabout where mine starts at too. My tank is also a "inwall" that divides the livingroom from the kitchen and is viewable on both sides. My tank is also 30" high and the waterline is about5" or 6" above my head. I like the picturesque look of a tall tank when you're standing in front of it and can actually look down onto the sand and upwards at the waterline. My next tank I'm currently doing the logistics on will probably be even 33" high.

ATC
    I actually sat in a chair and Barry measured up to about eye level and we planned the bottom third of the tank to sit there. Around 30-33".
    Aven

I agree with Robert. It is REALLY nice to be able to reach the bottom of your tank without a stool!!! I can almost do that. I would drop it two inches next time.
    Gail in Nova Scotia

24" tanks are great for working in, but I think a 28 - 34" is awesome looking if your standing by the tank or if the tank is separating two rooms. I would go for the height and keep a step stool close by!
    Lynn

STIG

My vote is for 34'' as well. you can see everything from sitting and standing position. I like to have the top of the tank a tad higher than my head. It gives it that awsome giagantic look but I do use a small stool as well.