Clowns in the News

Did you see the National last night? Good ol Disney does it again! THey put out a warning to parents that clownfish are very difficult to keep so dont' just run out and buy one. So to get a spot on the National- ya know there must be a lot of clownfish going down the drain!
    Gail in Nova Scotia

What bugs me is that they waited this long. You're right Gail, they did this because there was a problem.
    Susan

The last thing Disney needs is the environmentalists on their case.

Consider their target audience and the fact that the bulk of their animation and movies portray animal characters.

It all adds up to bad publicity and money. I agree, it took too long to react ...
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

On another note, my son just got a plate & cup set of official Disney/Pixar merchandising and Nemo's fin is not even small like the character in the movie. talk about another slipup ( albeit very small compared to the clownfish problem).

I agree, They waiting way tooo long! ... They should have released this as soon as tetra screwed up on tv!! But hey.. atleat they did it.. and they did it now .. knowing that all these mommys and daddys have been saying all year.. "Maybe Santa will get you Nemo"

so now what the hell are these parents going to do ! .

Buy glass nemo's! and hang them in the window! :biggrinbo
    Gail in Nova Scotia

Tooloud, I'll bet you're right. Ugh, I can just imagine all those parents trying to set up a tank on Christmas Eve after the kids have gone to bed so that they can see Nemo on Christmas morning. No doubt they'll follow the fool-proof instructions Tetra provided *groan*
    Susan

Yeah it's really too bad that they couldn't inform the GP before a problem had to arrise :guns: Disney

I have spoken with two owners of LFS and I can report some good news however.
    Both owners advised me that- yes, there has been a huge demand for clownfish since the movie release, the good news is :biggrinbo both have told me that there not going to order in any clowns until early Feb.- after the whole Nemo thing has cooled off. Now that's what I like to report, a couple of stores that are helping to nip the problem
    what can happen-usually happens