Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Finally got my 90g AGA RR today *pic*

I ordered it thru Marinescape and it arrived today.

It was the same price as bigals but it only took 1 week to custom order instread of two weeks thru bigals.

Its only 6" deeper than my 60g tank but god damn 6" is a big difference. :biggrinbo
    Click For Pictures

90g AGA Reef Ready bare bottom with 100lb of cooked Hatian LR, 40g breeder sump, Mag9.5 pump, Coralife 48" Auqualight Pro, Euro-Reef RS135, Sequence Barracuda pump, SpectraPure Maxcap RO/DI

My next tank i'll be going with an over flow like that. Keep the pic's comming through out the process of setting that puppy up. Congrats.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

sexy light unit... really wow.
    10.G Nano Reef
    40.G Reef (ITW)

Thanks. It's coming along. I still have a while before my LR is fully cooked.

I will be getting my SpectraPure MaxCap RO/DI system early next week.

I am not going to paint this tank. I am looking for a place that sells vinyl that I can buy by the roll and stick it on. That way I can change the bg color in the future.
    Click For Pictures

90g AGA Reef Ready bare bottom with 100lb of cooked Hatian LR, 40g breeder sump, Mag9.5 pump, Coralife 48" Auqualight Pro, Euro-Reef RS135, Sequence Barracuda pump, SpectraPure Maxcap RO/DI

Quote Originally Posted by xenon
    ... that way I can change the bg color in the future.
    hopefully you'll have so much coralline that you won't be able to see the back glass

i know what you mean about the extra 6", once you put the rock in there is no room left for fish or corals.

how much time left do you have on your rock?
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty
    hopefully you'll have so much coralline that you won't be able to see the back glass

i know what you mean about the extra 6", once you put the rock in there is no room left for fish or corals.

how much time left do you have on your rock?
    It's been 2weeks so far. I dont have a set time on when they are ready. It blows me away how much junk comes out of those rocks. They will be done when nothing comes off them I guess.

I also need to get Starboard HDPE since I will be bare bottom.

Another thing I am not looking foreward to is drilling this brand new tank for my closed loop. :errr:
    Click For Pictures

I heard on RC about people using star board on their tank. After a while some of them had their tank crack all on the bottom from water getting under and the pressure. Something to look at. Hope that don't scare you.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

I have run several tanks bare bottomed and have never used starboard. Not worth it. Set your rock up right and leave it alone.....No worries. Going on 4 yeas for one set up. I cannot remeber the last time I have a rock slide.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jaden
    I have run several tanks bare bottomed and have never used starboard. Not worth it. Set your rock up right and leave it alone.....No worries. Going on 4 yeas for one set up. I cannot remeber the last time I have a rock slide.
    Jason
    It's not so much for rock slides.. It's more for looks. :biglaugh2
    Click For Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by mike536
    I heard on RC about people using star board on their tank. After a while some of them had their tank crack all on the bottom from water getting under and the pressure. Something to look at. Hope that don't scare you.
    Weird. Not sure how that makes any sense. It would take ALLOT to crack the bottom glass since it's tempered.
    Click For Pictures

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast