Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to buy dose pump in Canada?

I bought a 15g tank today that I will use for the auto top-off resevoir.

I need to get the LiterMeterIII Precision Dosing Pump made by SpectraPure.

I doubt anyone in Canada can get me this but is there anything else on the market that is comparable?

I basicly need to replenishment kalkwasser that would be mixed with ro water for top-off. The slower I can replenishment evaperated water the more stable things can be.
    Click For Pictures

90g AGA Reef Ready bare bottom with 100lb of cooked Hatian LR, 40g breeder sump, Mag9.5 pump, Coralife 48" Auqualight Pro, Euro-Reef RS135, Sequence Barracuda pump, SpectraPure Maxcap RO/DI

Is this what you are looking for: http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart....html?E+scstore

MOPS is located in the Hamilton area.
    Nick

They are selling it for $489.99 CAD and premium aquatics sells it for $299 USD or $350 CAD.

Their prices across the board seem bad. Thanks for the link anyways.
    Click For Pictures

90g AGA Reef Ready bare bottom with 100lb of cooked Hatian LR, 40g breeder sump, Mag9.5 pump, Coralife 48" Auqualight Pro, Euro-Reef RS135, Sequence Barracuda pump, SpectraPure Maxcap RO/DI

Didn't say they had good prices Marine Depot sells it for $339 and will ship to Canada but the shipping costs would be about $60 US. PLus, any duty, etc. adding at the border.
    Nick

Do you need that brand specific? Because I got a dosing pump off ebay(Medical kind) and it works just like that one. I uploaded a picture to show you what mine looks like. Sorry for the mess in the picture. It's a little more cleaned up now!!LOL The pump is in the top left corner. It's the off white looking thing. I think it was $47.00US. And shipping charges wern't bad either. Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Quote Originally Posted by xenon
    I bought a 15g tank today that I will use for the auto top-off resevoir.
    Is there any way to elevate the tank? I use a 1 gallon jug with a 1/4" line that has a line clamp on it. Drips very nicely to match my evaporation rate. Cost me virtually nothing. Only down side is I need to fill the jug almost every day. Keeping my eyes open for a more suitable sized container though.

$300 - $400 US sounds like a lot for a simple task. i think you'll find that mixing kalk water gets old fast too. you might want to consider a kalk reactor, it's a simple DIY project. using a float switch and a small dosing pump to feed RO to the reactor, you won't have to mix up batches of Kalk twice a week.

i know you want to keep it stable and you still can. the return section in your sump is small so the float switch will come on more frequently and keep everything stable. i would guess than in my return ( 18" x 18" ) my switch comes on every two hours and pumps a cup or two of RO/DI. in a 100g+ system that is nothing and with a smaller return section it would be even less.

just something to think about
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

Get yourself a peristaltic pump. They are slow and stable.

Mr 4:20 has some good points its quite a hassle to mix 2 times a week. Though technicaly you could always mix a batch of limewater that will last you a week or 2. In my experience lime water will only get somewhat depleate due to exposure to air in about 2 weeks. Some people say it can go for 1 entire month, best not to count on that though. Heres a link to a peristaltic pump.

http://mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/...82f+1169405181
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Quote Originally Posted by rudall
    Is there any way to elevate the tank? I use a 1 gallon jug with a 1/4" line that has a line clamp on it. Drips very nicely to match my evaporation rate. Cost me virtually nothing. Only down side is I need to fill the jug almost every day. Keeping my eyes open for a more suitable sized container though.
    Yes it will be on a shelf above my sump so I could gravity feed it thru a line clamp but its not the most reliable way to control flow.
    Click For Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty
    $300 - $400 US sounds like a lot for a simple task. i think you'll find that mixing kalk water gets old fast too. you might want to consider a kalk reactor, it's a simple DIY project. using a float switch and a small dosing pump to feed RO to the reactor, you won't have to mix up batches of Kalk twice a week.

i know you want to keep it stable and you still can. the return section in your sump is small so the float switch will come on more frequently and keep everything stable. i would guess than in my return ( 18" x 18" ) my switch comes on every two hours and pumps a cup or two of RO/DI. in a 100g+ system that is nothing and with a smaller return section it would be even less.

just something to think about
    The return section in my sump just got much bigger since I removed my refuge. hyeah:
    Click For Pictures

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast