Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mesh needlweel. Anyone?

Anyone here attempt to do this mesh thing on there skimmer??
    http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=1
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMs, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.

liv
    no, but it looks like a great way to make tiny bubbles.. i guess as long as it doesn't break off or damage the pumps from the imbalance.

I should have some PF4 mesh coming from a guy off of ReefCentral. If he sends me enough, I would be more than willing to share with anyone else that would like to try this mod.

I would like to try that mesh. Is there any store in Canada that would have PF4 or something similar?
    55G CSS 3004, 2 Seio 620, 220WT5HO lighting, Yellow tang, yellow tail damsel, 2 clownfish, 1 shrimp, pulsing, soft corals.

I used a similair product to mod my asm sendra pump.

Made a huge difference the bubbles are really small now I also drilled out my ventura to alow more air to come in.

here are some pics of the mod.

I did the mod to my ocean runner pump a while ago, and am pleased with the results. My turboflotter skimmer skims like it's on crack. But that comes at the expense of noise. The skimmer is pulling way more air than before with less water being drawn. Serious sucking noise going on. I dont mind for the extra capacity of the skimmer though.
    Jason

Jaden,
    I just seen a post on here the past day or two about someone making a "filter" for the top of their airline. Suppose to cut the noise way down!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Yes,, It's like a muffler. I have one. But with the meshwheel and larger venturi inlet, the muffler cuts down on the amount of air going into the unit. I want as much air to mix as possible so the noise is the byproduct of this method. I guess you sometimes can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Jason

Muligan, where did you get that stuff? Home Depot or something. It seems alot like PF4.
    55G CSS 3004, 2 Seio 620, 220WT5HO lighting, Yellow tang, yellow tail damsel, 2 clownfish, 1 shrimp, pulsing, soft corals.

yeah it is identical.

I'm using this stuff on a house we are building it is air barrier for wood siding .

got it at my local lumber yard. its called (house slicker) comes in big rolls though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast