Questions ( Have Fun )

Hi and good evening all.

I have a few questions I would like ta ask and would love to hear back from any one about there ideas,experiances and thoughts ok.

I have 3 90 gallon tanks and have ideas for all 3 but would like to here back from you on how you would set them up and what you would stock them with ok.

Q 1- 1st 90 gallon I would like to set up a fish only tank with minimum corals.

your suggestions and ideas on how you would set it up from the ground up sump equipment lighting, livestock etc.

Q 2- 2nd 90 gallon I would like to set up a reef only tank with some fish.

your suggestions and ideas on how you would set it up from the ground up sump equipment lighting, livestock etc.

Q 3- 3rd 90 gallon I would like to set up as a predator fish tank.

So I hope everyone on Aquaria Canada get in on this one have fun and I just may use some of your ideas .

cheers
    90g: empty finally drilled and bulkheads installed

90g Diamond: FW African Tanganykan 6 alto calvus Yellows, 6 cypri lepto jumbo Blue Orchids, 1 synadontis Magara bomix white sand and several pieces of construction type rock basic grey.

20g SW reef (just started) 2 clowns,1 royal gamma some hermits, some snails, a couple of mushroom colonies, a couple of zoo colonies, a hammer colonie and an octospawn colonie:

Hey all

you do not need to answer them all you can ansewer 1 or 2 if you like as well.

90g Diamond: FW African Tanganykan 6 alto calvus Yellows, 6 cypri lepto jumbo Blue Orchids, 1 synadontis Magara bomix white sand and several pieces of construction type rock basic grey.

20g SW reef (just started) 2 clowns,1 royal gamma some hermits, some snails, a couple of mushroom colonies, a couple of zoo colonies, a hammer colonie and an octospawn colonie:

liv
    i'd suggest you run all of them seperately so they can be threated differently...
    will definitly cost more to run.. but will be easier ( in my mind ) to manage some of the nuisance in some tanks.. from phosphates to nitrates.

so I suggest 3 of everything.. so sumps, skimmers, heaters, lighting ..
    a fish only tank doesn't need 600w of lights.. but a coral reef loves it.
    they each required their own tailored setups.

Ya i'm with Liv. Hope your into spending alot of money. I only have a 75 and I can only imagine how much money it would cost to have 3 of them running. Good luck. Oh and when you get this on the go pic's would be great!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

I see your in Rockland... if you need help with anything let me know.

Cool Thanks for the offer Dark.

I may take you up on that offer some time LOL.

Redbelly also said he would help with some stuff.

Yes I know it is going to be a long journey cause I am a newb and have no idea on were to start but I am gonna Get R Done L0L.

First things first need to get tanks drilled and get the studs for the basement and start the framing cause my basement is unfinished I have a blank canvas so anything goes but 1 step at a time.

And thank everyone else that has replied and given there thoughts on the project keep the info coming cause with Knowledge there is power and another person to help the next newb that comes along.

anyways cheers all