Question Disappearing act

My Clown Goby has disappeared. Haven't seen him in 4-5 days; do they have a tendancie of disappearing? He's always been quite visible, never gone into hiding before. My Flame Goby has done the now you see him, now you don't but, this is a first for the Clown. What are chances he'll reappear? Or, should I just consider it another loss? I've only been in the s/w for a couple of month, bought the 80g used with livestock, so I have no idea how old the Clown was but, he sure looked healthy enough.

liv
    make sure he didn't jump out of the tank or is stuck somewhere in your lighting.
    also, any big crabs ? or mantis shrimps ? if you are unsure.. you might want to remove some of the LR and check if u can find him..

Also if you have a sump check there. If not and you have a fluval or something like that with a surface skimmer check that as well. When me and the wife went on vacation a couple of years ago we got a call from the tank sitter. She said that the clown was missing. She looked in all the normal spots like the floor and rock work but nothing. I said ok and i'll figure it out when I get home. Well two weeks later when we did get home I turned the power off on the fluval (Before I got my sump)to clean it and up he popped. Skinny as a rake but still alive. He was swimming straight up for two weeks. Needless to say he hid in the rock work for a couple of days, scared to death Probably thought the big tube was going to get him again!! Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott