Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where can I buy a chiller in Ottawa?

I need a 1/4hp chiller asap.

I know I can order them online but I would rather not wait.
    Click For Pictures

90g AGA Reef Ready bare bottom with 100lb of cooked Hatian LR, 40g breeder sump, Mag9.5 pump, Coralife 48" Auqualight Pro, Euro-Reef RS135, Sequence Barracuda pump, SpectraPure Maxcap RO/DI

You need a chiller right now when its this cold outside? Wow! You'll have a hard time in the summer keeping temps down. Maybe reduce your lighting a few hours it might help.

Quote Originally Posted by DARK
    You need a chiller right now when its this cold outside? Wow! You'll have a hard time in the summer keeping temps down. Maybe reduce your lighting a few hours it might help.
    Yeah no kidding.

I guess it does not help that my gf keep the house temp at 77-78 :crap:

I have 4 pc fans (37cfm each) blowing across the top of the tank but its still not enough.

So where can I get a chiller locally?
    Click For Pictures

90g AGA Reef Ready bare bottom with 100lb of cooked Hatian LR, 40g breeder sump, Mag9.5 pump, Coralife 48" Auqualight Pro, Euro-Reef RS135, Sequence Barracuda pump, SpectraPure Maxcap RO/DI

getting a portable A/C unit would probably be cheaper then getting a chiller (and more available)! PLus the aquarium owner gets to enjoy the cool benefits on the hot summer days.

did you try marinescape ? There pretty fast on orders.

Maybe a store in Montreal would have one. WorldFish seemed to have alot of equipment last time we were there. How much water are you evaporating when the tank gets hotter then normal?

Quote Originally Posted by DARK

I agree.

I see you have fans blowing on your tank. More importantly, is there an exchange of air happening?

all you need to do is cycle air through the area your tank is in and replace it with air colder than 78 degrees.

Dont forget a chiller gives off quite a bit of heat. Youll need to place it seperatly. and if your going to bother doing that why dont you just make a hole in your floor in the closet and pass a 4" air pipe through and pump air from your basement into the closet. Putting the fan IN your basement will be ideal for no noise. This will heat your house and chill your tank, given that your basement air is colder than 78 degrees.

Thats what I would do.
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

What about heat runs located in the room where you keep the tank behind the wall? Did you close the dampers for them, or try blocking them off, so no hot air from the furnace is getting in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Porcupinepuffer
    What about heat runs located in the room where you keep the tank behind the wall? Did you close the dampers for them, or try blocking them off, so no hot air from the furnace is getting in there?
    Yeah did that already.

I also have the closet doors open at all times.

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I really need to know where in Ottawa I can get a chiller.
    Click For Pictures

Marinescape or PM Redbelly. I think he makes weekly runs to Toronto and he might be able to get one for you at one of his sources.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast