Tomatos Clown fry

Hi everyone new to this forum. I have a pair off tomatos clowns that lay eggs twice a month. I can't get the fry to live any longer then 2 hours. I'm after doing every thing that i can think on doing. Putting fry in tanks just for fry, feeding right away keeping them in a net in the same tank as the adults. I breed alot off freash water stuff and never had this problem. I have no idea what i'm doin wrong. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

To Aquaria Canada!

For breeding clowns there is a very good book called Clown Fishes, A Guide to Their Captive Care, Breeding and Natural History by Joyce Wilkerson.

I have no first hand experiece but I am sure others will add their experiences.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

what do you feed the fry and how do you get them out of the tank, lets start there...

I feed them hatched brine shrimp and frozen rotifers. I net them and siphoned them and neither way worked.

try scooping them with a cup or a glass, put a flashlight near the top and they should gather around the light, feed them live rotifer for the first few days, i feed them artificial rotifers when i am out of live ones but it is not as good, brine shrimp are not good before the 7-10th day

I did that to with a cup made no difference. I don't know where to get live rotifers. Its funny cause i never had this trouble with any off my freash water fish i breed.

Quote Originally Posted by nasotangs View Post
    I don't know where to get live rotifers.
    Check with your LFS to see if they have rotifers or you can order them directly through ReefCrew

If you are serious about breeding you may want to look into setting up Phyto and Rotifer breeding stations.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.