Getting Back into it ! - Need Nano and T5 lighting Advice

After being tankless for over 2 years I'm thinking of setting up a 10 or 20 gallon nano reef. I've noticed my local pet shop here in fredericton now stocks T5 lighting and I'm thinking of going with a small T5 lighting setup. When I shutdown my 77gallon T5 was just getting onto the scene, and now that it's been around for a while I'm wondering if anyone has any advice in terms of weather this is sufficient lighting for most corals, and is there any major reason I shouldnt go T5.

Also, if I decided to go with just just the NO lighting that comes with a freshwater tank would that be enough lighting for basic stuff like zoos and shrooms ? IS there anything else that could be kept in a NO tank ?

thanks for any advice,
    Nick.
    ======================
    sold the 77gallon back in 2005, looking to setup a nano

Freshwater lighting is generally the wrong spectrum (~5500K) and no good for saltwater. The single tube isn't enough light for corals, some gsp or perhaps xenia may live but it'd mearly be life support and not very good for growth of the coral.

Just to add to the mix, 24" is the smallest that T5HO's come in. T5NO's are useless and viewed the same as the T8's that come in the kit, only smaller diameter. Two T5HO's with individual reflectors (not the Hagen unit I think you're talking about, it doesn't have individual reflectors) should be a good start for a 'shroom/zoa tank.
    You only do what you know because you don't know better.

OK, so I'm guessing T5 come in NO and HO, and that PU probably only sells the NO T5 lighting ? I didnt spend too much time looking at exactly what they had, only noticed that the end of the row had a bunch of bulbs with T5 on it.
    ======================
    sold the 77gallon back in 2005, looking to setup a nano

Decide on what you want to keep in the tank first, in terms of corals.

I have 4 T5HO setup, that is withOUT individual reflector, and still I can't even put mushrooms in the open 16-17" down on the bottom, they'll just shrink up from the direct light. I have to hide them under the shades for them to open up. Some ppl have even grow xenia in the fug/sump as a nutrient export, xenia grows like weed with relatively little light if the tank water condition is right.

Look at the wattage of the T5 bulb to see if it's NO or HO.
    24" HO is 24W, 36" HO is 39W, 48" HO is 54W.
    Hardwares: 50G reef tank, 30G sump & ~55lb Indo/Fiji LR. Finnex 36"x4 T5 lights, Coralife Superskimmer 220g, Mag9.5 return and SEIO820+MJ600 PH.
    Corals: zoosss, mushrooms, hammer, torch, fogsprawn, blasto, crocea clam, RBTA
    Fish: Percular clown PJ cardinal, royal gramma, yellow watchman goby, 3x chromis.