question on wiring 250 ballast

hey, i purchased two of your 250 watt eballasts. on the ballast, it says 220 volt. usually 220 volt has three wires with a ground wire directly wired to the appliance. does the ground from the plug get wired onto the knob at the front of the ballast as well as to the reflector?
    Barry

Patience is a virtue.

The sticker above that should read 110 Volts. This was our first batch of prodcut so it had some minor imperfections like these.

The ground wire should be hooked to the knob marked ground (both from the plug as well the reflector). May I suggest that you get an electrician for the wiring.
    Thanks

Venki

Double Post....

Unhappy electrician

Venki, dou you know what an electrician charges per hour It would make the ballast very expensive.
    Barry. I've seen the ballasts and there super simple. Get a 3 pronged cord,cut the ends off, wire the black&white to the same on ballast,ground wire just to the ground nut on the ballast. Then, run another wire from that same nut to anywere on your reflector with a screw. Very easy. P.S always use GFIC plugs![so ya don't die]

I recieved mine the other day ...they too have the 220 volt sticker on them aswell...there are the 400 watt...are there 110 volt??

thanks J R. that is what i was thinking, just double checking. what gauge wire should be used? 14?
    Barry

Patience is a virtue.

I hope you're writing all this down , Barry! It is starting to sound awfully "TECHNICAL"!!! and you know how I am with that stuff!:crap:
    Gail in Nova Scotia

14 gauge is pretty heavy. Just use an extention cord to the ballast and the same to the lights[buy some cheap ones from WAL-MART]. It would be nice to see those ballasts with a quick disconnect opption.

14 gauge is pretty heavy. Just use an extention cord to the ballast and the same to the lights[buy some cheap ones from WAL-MART]. It would be nice to see those ballasts with a quick disconnect opption.