Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    liv

anybody keeping the same tang species in the same tank ?

Hi everyone,

I picked up another yellow tang recently, was wondering if anyone had any experience with having two yellow tangs in the same tank. ( its going in my big tank ).. so I believe there is lots of space for him, just wondering if they will fight til one of them quits.. that would be a shame !

if not, he can always go in the sump to keep things clean there.
    at the stores, they always keep a few together.. not 9 mind you, but i'm wondering if being in the store and that constant stress may stop them from being territorial.

anybody has experience on this can shed some light.

I think One Salty Dog had 2-3-4 yellow tangs in his big tank.

liv
    hmmm thanks bud!!
    OSD definitely knows his fishies too.. so he has a few... sweeet.

anybody else ?

if they need to be in a group.. i just might not have a choice to get 3 more he he he

I imagine they don't fight in the stores as there isn't anything to fight over. Rarely will you see live rock in the fish only tanks. The stress as you said probably accounts for some as well. I have kept 3 tangs (yellow) together for a time. They fought out some territory each and left each other alone after that. 2 might be dicey, but a large tank could be the solution.
    Good luck
    Jason

liv
    so far so good
    my first one showed the big fin.. but no bitting or chassing at all.
    but ya.. a few would be great... i'll keep my eyes open for more deals

thx all

I always wanted to get a school of Yellow Tangs. Someone on RC had 5 or 6 in his tank and I thought it looks fantastic! Don’t remember who it was though.
    How’s everything else going with your tank?
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMs, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.

Liv, I'm curious to know what size your 2 yellow tangs are. Also, where did you pick up the new one?
    65g - 80lbs LR - 4x36" 39W T5 HOs (2x10000K,2xActinics) - CSS125 - 25g sump - Mag 7 return - Blueline SD-1100 Closed Loop with OM Squirt * 2x Amphiprion ocellaris - 1x Paracanthurus hepatus - 1x Zebrasoma flavescens
    29g - with stuff ;-)
    Coming Soon - 120g with more stuff

liv
    both tangs are same size, ~2" and picked both of them from people on the board.

its better to get in diffirent size to put them together in one tank or unless if you have more space for them to swim around that eliminate being agrresive to each other. I used to have 2 yellow tangs on my tank , however it isn't same size and somehow they get along grazing the algeas on my tank. it is tough though b'coz most of the tangs are very picky to get along its own same kind tank mate unless one is bigger than the other one smaller. I dont know why it should be like this, but most of the SW store they always offer if your getting a pair of tangs it has to be one is bigger than the other one. in some cases it works rather speding money that doesn't make you feel happy to see your fish are slowly dying b'coz of getting bit up by other its own kind. :b16:

liv
    looking at them this am, both are swimming together... no fins in the air, no chassing happening, just sprinting around the tank catching the next current from the 4way.. weeeeeeeeeeeee.... they seem to enjoy the current alot.. like being on a rollercoaster all day long as a child.

They look happy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast