Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Powerheads info?

I've been searching for two new powerheads to add to my 77G for increased circulation! I been reading thread after thread on different brands and the ones that seem to be the best bang 4 the buck mentioned are the Koralia by Hydor. I've searched there site for dimensions but they haven't seen fit to include this info, so if anybody is the owner of the Koralia 4 model and wouldn't mind posting this info. It would be very helpful in making my decision.I really don't want to buy something that will be very intrusive for the fish and I.TIA
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

it might be a bit big for a 77 gallon tank.
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

Thank you for your response Porcupinepuffer, it looks to be a powerhead that would stick out quite far from the tanks wall. I thought of getting two more Seio 1100's but by the time you add the magnetic holders it's the price of the cheaper tunze nano's. Maybe I should go for a pair of tunze 6045 at close to 1200 gph, it would be a comparable swap and alot smaller profile. This would increase my circulaton to almost 4600 gph with the two Seio's and two tunze, would this be to much! The Seio's are good but I'm lacking circulation which is giving me algae growth in certain area's, I believe!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

kat
    i have a hydor 4 in my 55 short. It is very bulky, about 3 inches across and close to 4 long...I have an sps dominant tank so i really wanted to flow for the price, but aesthetically it is not good.

save the money and get the 6025. you can mod them easily to make more flow or equivalent flow to a 6045

So whats involved in the modded tunze 6025 to equal the 6045. I did a search on a couple of sites but no luck , have you got a link?

Well I just ordered 2 tunze nano streams 6045's and a Rio 1700+ to run water for my UV and Phosban reactor. I just hope that with over 5000 gph of circulation its not to crazy. It's easy to remove if I find I'm over doing it. Just lately I'm having heat issues and thats leading to more algae and so on!

ther is no link that i have sorry. Basically, before you assemble them you have the part that is connected to the motor and the other half. Take the other half and break the plastic on the INSIDE so that more water can be sucked into it. Then obviously with more water being sucked in more can be spit out. Not sure i'f im' explaining it that well, but if you have them in front of you its not that hard to see what i'm saying.

There is a discussion on Reef Central but it's a PITA to search that site unless you have a premium membership. This link shows pics on how to do the mod. Try this: reefinabox.blogspot.com/2007_03_01_archive.html

Keep scrolling down. It's about 2/3 down the fairly lengthy page.

Thanks brooker, that link explains the mod with pics very well,indeed. If it increases the 6025 to = a 6045, I wonder if the same mod would take the 6045 past the capabilities of the 6055. I cant see why not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast