Finally the new display started

After a long summer of a new baby, new company, and travelling, my new display is underway. I had been keeping all my beloved sps colonies and other corals in my sump all summer, after my display leaked. I really was negligent in the last few months. No time really, and tight pocket book. Surprising really that I didn't loose more colonies than I did (so to all those I gave and sold frags to, I may want some frgas now).
    This time around I will be going with a 90 gal aga, 35 long sump, diy12 gal fuge, and a 10 gal qt. Not going BB this time as I want some sandbed critters this time around. I have had the tank running for a couple of weeks now and just started tonight to move some of my hardier colonies into the new rockwork. It is going to have a pretty open aquascape to allow for more fish and larger grown out sps colonies.
    Some other specs:
    2x 250 12k reeflux
    4x 65watt true 03 pc
    diy 4' kalk reactor fed from 50 gal rubbermaid and r/o unit
    mesh modded turboflotter skimmer (needs upgrading)
    ocean runner 3500 return pump
    2x 1500 seios
    2x jbj med sized (no idea how many gallons anymore but pretty high)
    Some other odds and ends I can't remeber right now. And many more things to buy.
    Starting to look good. Will post pics starting tomorow. The ultimate stand build thread to come as it will be going into it's new home hopefully in the first bit of the new year.
    Jason

ijo
    WE NEED PICS!!!

I also like setups with a sandbed... I've slowly been adding more snail and hermits into my 26 gallon and just love the constant movement in there.

IJO

Without the sandbed I stayed away from manderines for the last couple of years as well as watchmen gobies, jawfish, and certain wrasses. Not going to put all those in, but like the option.
    Jason

ijo
    My fav is the nassarius snail... throw a little cyclop-eeze in the tank and they all start popping out of the sandbed at the same time... its super cool!!(can you tell i love having a personal tank again?... its been 2 years!!!)

I feel the same way. I think my corals have been just barely surviving in my sump forever now. I had to get rid of all my fish, too messy for my sump. I lost some great corals, but managed to frag everything so not a total loss. Patrick is holding onto a couple of my bigger colonies. And I just put the clams in a moment ago. Need to get the camera out.
    Very happy day!
    Jason