Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Copods From ReefCrew!

Just wanted to share.. I recived my Copods from Reef crew... Now what i recived was great... But now for me i will be placing them in my refugium witch will give them time to grow and mulitiply, So just wanted to share this.. as myself i was expecting bigger pods but well this is what came witch will work out very well.. just will take much longer!

They are the little specs in the water.. they are hard to see.. but they are there!

and this is what they came in..

ijo
    wow... they are small... almost look as small as a rotifer. Would they even make it in an aquarium? or should the poeple who purchase them add them to a refugium only?

IJO

well from Conversation with Brian when he came to drop them off.. He said this 4oz bottle would feed a mandrin for about 2 hours.. So with that said.. i would say that that any fish that would eat like a mandrin witch is any fish .. they would pick them off fast! .. now i made the mistake of dumping this batch in to the tank and i seen all my Chromis and clowns going NUTS! .. So im more than sure they will gobbled up right away!

I would recommend and what im going to do with my next order is to Aclimate them.. SLOWLY!!! and put them into a refugium.. or it will be a very expensive treat for your fish!

I have collected wild copepods for my tank. On a good day I can catch hundreds of thousands of them (really- I counted them!). Well- OK, alot more than a few hundred - enough to fill a couple of teaspoons with just copepods. When I add them to the tank I can find some the next day, but not the day after that. So - be sure to put them in a fuge! But it is fun to see the whole tank go nuts, isn't it!
    Gail in Nova Scotia

Momrules..

Well you are going to catch some for me ? And i will pay the shipping

I should be getting my ReefCrew order tomorrow. I'll definitely be putting them in my refugium. The fish will get them as they propagate anyway.

So they should be acclimated? With a drip like I would do for inverts? How long would you suggest?

The copepods Gail gets are a bit different than what we're used to. They are much bigger and mostly red. They are amazingly tough and fish go nuts for them. I don't know if they could be acclimated to propagate at reef temperatures or not.
    Susan

Toolate Tooloud! The season for copepod catching is pretty well finished. It is slim pickens these days. I got a few last weekend and put them in a temporary holding tank til I get my new refugium up and going. I get them from the tidal pools on a rocky point. In the summer they multiply like mad and you can get some pretty big hauls, but its too cold now I guess.
    Gail in Nova Scotia

LOL, Oh well! .. Maybe next time

Susan, I dripped mine for 30 mins, till the water volume tripled.

Thanks, I'll do the same.
    Susan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast