CAT

bi-color blennie

I was in Big Al's today (on Kennedy road) and saw a really cute, but very skinny bi-color. Very tempted to buy it for my nano. But Scott Michael says that some will nip at corals.

Has anyone had a problem with this?
    Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.

photo gallery: http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/showgallery.php?ppuser=424

I have had a Bi Color.. and many other fish that people say will nip.. and never an issue! .. I have never had issues with our Bi-Color.. He hides in the rocks .. Comes out for food.. or to chase other fish away from his home.

Same here. I've only got softies with a few more LPS on the way from Ivan, but he bothers nothing. Except maybe the Dusty Damsel that thinks he owns the tank. Dusty will shake and rattle and then zoom, out of the back will come the blennie and put the run to him. That's some funny stuff.

ATC
    I've had a bicolour for a while now and it doesn't nip at anything (have softies and lps) but I also have a friend that has one that nipped at his clam. I think that as long as there is ample algae/food (natural or algae clip) that they should not nip. Mine mostly perches and sucks algae off the glass and rocks. Awesome fish!
    Aven

CAT
    Thanks for the replies.

Are they easy to feed? Like I said, this guy was very skinny.

If they are eatting prepared foods.. it would be very easy!..

I had one too and it was an A! citizen. Never touched any of my Softies, LPS or SPS. Left tons of lip marks on the glass though. He was my meter for when it was time to clean the glass. Nibe bever even chased any other fish. Unfortunately, I lost him in a heatwave accident at the beginning of this past summer.

ATC
    Mine gets a mix of food...mysis, formula 1, spirulina, zooplankton, pe mysis. He will eat all of this but does tend to pick out the spirulina first and attacks the algae clip with gusto
    Aven

CAT
    Thanks for the info I'll go back to the lfs tomorrow after work and see if he'll eat.

This tank is a new little nano I started, the hair algae is already on the rocks... If it will eat nori, I should be ok. I was going to add red gracillia to this tank to filter the water - Do they eat macro algae?, I have tons in the fuge of my bigger tank.

ATC
    I have only had calpura and halmedia and mine won't eat that. He sucks on the rocks sometimes but its hard to tell what he's actually eating. If all else fails most fish will eagerly take brine shrimp and you can gradually change to something more nutritous (sp???).
    Aven