Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Georgia Aquarium MAST Lecture

MAST (Marine Aquarium Society of Toronto) is hosting a lecture this Saturday November 17 by Dr. Bruce Carlson, the Director of Exhibits and Research for the Georgia Aquarium. You can find all the information at the attached link http://www.mastcanada.org/downloads/bruce_carlson.pdf
    I hope to see you there.
    Mark
    90g Display, 30gal sump w/ refugium, MAS CR418 calcium reactor w/ Mag5 and Blueline CO2, Vertex IN-180 protein skimmer w/ Mag5, Mag9.5 return, 150 Phosban Reactor w/ MJ 1200, 1 Ebo 200w heater, 90lbs. LR, 80lbs. Carib-Sea aragonite, Cooltouch MH lights -2 x 400watt (20K & 14K) PFO hoods & Coralife 65w PC in custom hood with fan, Coralife 3-3/4watt mini moonlights, 8 jet Closed Loop System w/Reef-flo Dart, Aqua-Safe RO/DI, JBJ Auto Top Off unit w/Mag 5 return, 12g Nano cube, 10g quarentine.

I'll be there along with 3 other MACL members (3guys and a gal). I went to Bob Fenner's presentation in the spring, very informative.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

You will........................
    100G Reef
    Purple,Blue,Yellow and Sailfin Tangs.Damsel,Clown and Coral Beauty,Fosters Hawkfish.
    Many mixed corals and clams.
    65G fuge in basement.
    Mag 24 return,RODI,2 Phosban reactors and UV.
    620w in DT.

liv
    man! wish i could have went!
    you guys should film this and put it on youtube
    send link

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

ijo
    This is very short notice... it would of been nice to have an Ottawa crew show up. On that note... I think it would be a great idea to plan a future trip to one of these events.

On that note... we have been thinking of releasing Aquaria Canada membership cards that will give members promotion items/discounts at many of the sponsors in addition to planned intown/out-of-town trips paid for by the site. If there is enough interest in these cards(membership s $20/year) I'll move this idea forward, order the cards and talk to our sponsors about the discounts/items we could offer.

IJO

Yeah this is short notice, sorry, I was unsure if the MAST executive had a preference to keep it contained mainly to MAST members or if they wanted a larger group. I just found out on Wednesday night that due to the cost of paying for these speakers and covering all of thier travel exspences, MAST needs as many participants as possible. The next time a lecture is announced through MAST, I will let all know with lots of notice.
    MArk
    90g Display, 30gal sump w/ refugium, MAS CR418 calcium reactor w/ Mag5 and Blueline CO2, Vertex IN-180 protein skimmer w/ Mag5, Mag9.5 return, 150 Phosban Reactor w/ MJ 1200, 1 Ebo 200w heater, 90lbs. LR, 80lbs. Carib-Sea aragonite, Cooltouch MH lights -2 x 400watt (20K & 14K) PFO hoods & Coralife 65w PC in custom hood with fan, Coralife 3-3/4watt mini moonlights, 8 jet Closed Loop System w/Reef-flo Dart, Aqua-Safe RO/DI, JBJ Auto Top Off unit w/Mag 5 return, 12g Nano cube, 10g quarentine.

Quote Originally Posted by IJO View Post
    This is very short notice... it would of been nice to have an Ottawa crew show up. On that note... I think it would be a great idea to plan a future trip to one of these events.

IJO
    It was announced to MAST members at lest five weeks ago.It was on their site,but not mentioned in forums like this.

In the last two years MAST has brought in

Anthony Calfo

Mike Palleta

Bob Fenner

and tomorrow Bruce Carlson.
    100G Reef
    Purple,Blue,Yellow and Sailfin Tangs.Damsel,Clown and Coral Beauty,Fosters Hawkfish.
    65G fuge in basement.
    620w in DT.

ijo
    It would probably help increase attendance if the sites/forums were updated as early as possible. Let us know how it turned out!!!

IJO

Next time a speaker comes I post it here as soon as I learn about it.
    100G Reef
    65G fuge in basement.
    620w in DT.

liv
    anybody recorded this ? should post this on youtube.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast