Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: apitasa!!!!!!!!

apitasa!!!!!!!!

any one kno if a freshwater dip will kill apitasia i have a frew in my zoa colony

Do you have any peppermint shrimpies?

I believe they devour those for fun.. But I could be mistaken
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better -Albert Einstein

yea i doo but they dont eat them and take forever if they do so i was just wondering if fw would kill em cause i kno that zoas can withstand fw for apout 30mins

Can you get your hands on some concentrated sodium hydroxide (NaOH; about 2-4M)? If not, try Joes Juice.

Freshwater dips do not have an impact on aptasia. I even 'cooked my rock' for 4 months and my aptasia still survived. Application of 2M NaOH through a needle sure melted them quite rapidly.

Shawn

Ive always been told that a FW dip is not good for coral.. If I had to make a suggestion I would say purchase 1 or 2 more pep shrimp? I had some aptaisia in my tank and my 2 adult peppermint shrimp had a feast - it was pretty neat to watch.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better -Albert Einstein

yea but there litterly right on the zoas .... i usually use vinigar works better then ne thing i have used cheaper too .... im just afraid that ittl hurt my zoas

A sure aim and steady hands would minimize causalties, if any. I did my injections in the vicinity of green star polyps and dont think that they were fazed.

Shawn

ok might have to try this then i was hoping i didnt have too but i guess i have too unless ne other breakthroug ways too kill them lol

I always inject mine with vinigar, never seen any ill effects on surrounding coral.

BWI
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamN View Post
    I always inject mine with vinigar, never seen any ill effects on surrounding coral.

Works like a charm everytime for me! make sure you inject them good and they will day in 1 day 99% success

Building Quality not Quantity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast