Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tank Gone APESHIT!

well i dont konw what the hell is going on!

Got home yesterday from work and stuff and found one of my Clowns and a Chromis dead!.. Look could not see why they where dead? Tested the water everything is normal.. elevated Nitrates( 2ppm) assumed it was due to the deaths! .. So i took them out.. look through out the tank check out the corpes could not see why they died! ..

Get home today, to find another dead Chromis.. and i can find my other Clown.. So my tank is down to One chromis that i can see.. :bawling: So once again.. rip out my test kits everything seems fine.. Run to the LFS pick up another set of test kits and well.. Everything is fine! ... all my corals are fine.. clam and sps not showing signs of stress.. my Frogspawns and hammers are extended fine no issues! So i cant see it being the water qulity! i even seen a pepermint shrimp lastnight that i thought i lost 2 tanks ago..

alright.. So anyone got ideas.. Or do i just write this off as a bad week? i have no clue!

Water Peramiters:

Nitrates - 2ppm
    Nitrites - 0ppm
    Ammonia- 0ppm
    ph - 8.4
    W-Temp - 80'
    Cal - 480ppm
    ALK - 12DKH
    Phosphates- 0

I just dont know what is going on! Did a 20G water change today just incase?..

Thanks
    mike
    mlambert@rogers.com

was there any physical markings on the dead fish? did there seem to be anything wrong around the gills that would indicate low O2 or any signs of disease or parisites?
    Barry

Patience is a virtue.

Yikes! That's scarey! While we're trying to figure it out you might want to run some carbon if you're not already. There must be something going on in there! Now what would affect the fish, but not the invertebrates?
    Gail in Nova Scotia

I seen nothing that i could see..

As for the low O2. i have my overflow running at 2200 GPH.. i think im good on the O2.

mom..

I am running Carbon.. Tossed in allmost 2 pounds of it into my sump lastnight.

i'm at a loss. did something accidently get dropped in the tank? children, pets knock something in??
    Barry

Patience is a virtue.

Nothing that i can think off.. There is nothing around the tank that could have been dropped in..

Like isaid.. all my sps and clam are fine.. and i still have one chromis in the tank and he is booting around just fine.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    I'm at a loss as well...
    Seeing how you've been playing with electricity lately.... THere's no chance that there's stray electricity or something, is there?
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Nope.. the only thing i did electical was hooked up the WH7's.. i do run two Grounding probes to seperate outlest.. and i know its crazy.. but i have a Muiltimeter reader.. also hooked up monitoring as i have had issues with current in an old tank.. but still i dont see anything..

What about the food the fish have been eating? Anything different or could it have come into contact with anything bad?
    Susan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast