Thread: Trip to TO...

Trip to TO...

Actually through TO to Barrie next weekend, just wonderin where some of the best "fishy stores" (i have 2 kids under 7 are. What places would you guys reccommend I check out?
    120 gal reef-90 gal sump/refuge
    120 gal planted tropical
    120 gal planted catfish/arrowana tank

North American fish breeders.

Most corals are $40.

If you've never been,your missing something.

On shipment days,it's a self serve free for all.
    100G Reef
    Purple,Blue,Yellow and Sailfin Tangs.Damsel,Clown and Coral Beauty,Fosters Hawkfish.
    Many mixed corals and clams.
    65G fuge in basement.
    Mag 24 return,RODI,2 Phosban reactors and UV.
    620w in DT.

and to think every time i go to Toronto I stop at the big als on kennedy rd, that looks to be about 5 mins away and i never knew it was there.

Do they have a website? google isnt bein agreable
    120 gal planted tropical

100G Reef
    Purple,Blue,Yellow and Sailfin Tangs.Damsel,Clown and Coral Beauty,Fosters Hawkfish.
    Many mixed corals and clams.
    65G fuge in basement.
    Mag 24 return,RODI,2 Phosban reactors and UV.
    620w in DT.

Yup definitely bring an insulated container if you're going to NAFB chances are you will find something that catches your eye.

There are a few other places that might be worth a visit but for the price NAFB is the place to be.

On a side note the comment you sent me about the skimmer I have for sale is unreadable and I can't seem to send PMs tonight either so please try messaging me again. Sorry for sidetracking this discussion.
    That's it for now, keep reef'n

My Tank

thanks guys, im deffinantly gonna check them out now. and reefgeek i was just sayin im interested in the skimmer and the wavemaker, but ill have to see if i can afford anymore tank related equipment right now (just bought skimmer and RO unit, was thinkin on addin your skimmer to run 2)
    although its tempting to buy it just for "a few free frags" :b15:

Ill send ya a pm later in the week before i go for the weekend to see if you still have it and if i can afford (am allowed) to buy it :b2:
    120 gal planted tropical

I don't know if having two kids under seven with you means you want to go to pet stores or are looking for an easy out instead. BUT...if you are going to Barrie, you are already almost in Mississauga. If you continue all the way to Oakville and go to the Aquarium Serices store at 557 Kerr Street the kiddies will be impressed. Head towards the back and you have to go through the fish tunnel. Fifteen feet of tanks on either side. At the end of the tunnel is a 5000 gallon circular tank filled with very large fish including sharks. It's kind of like being at SeaWorld. If you are looking for fish they always seem to have lots. Corals can be good at times also. It is the franchise flag ship store, so quality is higher there than at most Services stores.

I have been to NAFB only once and they didn't have much. That's not a knock against them at all. It was just my timing as they were getting a huge order in the next day. But unfortunately for me I was coming home that same day.
    180 gallon reef. 230 lbs live rock. Mostly LPS and softies with increasing numbers of SPS. Desjardini Tang, Purple Tang, Powder Blue, Heniochus, Ocellaris clowns, chromis and a mandarin. 3- 250 watt 10000K metal halide lights with 2 VHO actinics.

i agree, if you're willing to go off course a little bit the BA's in Oakville is worth a visit just to see the 5000G round shark tank and tunnel entrance. then also don't forget to go across the road and check out the Oakville Reef Gallery ( ORG ) lots of rare and hard to get corals.

i haven't been to NAFB yet ( sad i know ) but i have only heard good things.
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery