Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emergency

Emergency

i have just woke up to my whole tank on the floor... if anyone would like my corals (all free) pls call as no stores are open until 12 today... trying to save what i can, will be selling off the rest once everything is cleaned up.

Justin

i forgot to add if your interested you should probably bring some water too...

That really sucks Justin. How did the glass break? I am at work already so I can't help you out. I hope you can save most of the livestock. Good luck.
    180 gallon reef. 230 lbs live rock. Mostly LPS and softies with increasing numbers of SPS. Desjardini Tang, Purple Tang, Powder Blue, Heniochus, Ocellaris clowns, chromis and a mandarin. 3- 250 watt 10000K metal halide lights with 2 VHO actinics.

liv
    ya.. how did this happen ??
    Im @ work too... can't really help you out much.

put all your corals in a plastic bin and a heater and a powerhead... and make some saltwater or use what you got in your sump.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

I second Liv's suggestion. Don't panic. Most corals are hardier than we think. Crips they travel half-way accross the world over 3 or 4 days to get to our tanks.

If need be I have lots of room in my home tank and can keep some stuff for you until you get a new tank set up.

Home depot also sells 20g buckets for $10 or so. They do not have lids, but I have used them to cure rocks and never had any issues. Maybe grab a couple of those and some salt.

thanks for the wishes guys...

apparently the back of the tank cracked in half... i'll post photos later, i brought all my corals to a friends house and think they will survive... fish are all dead... all inverts seem to be ok (including shrimp and urchin)and i have them in plastic bins now.

Let the cleanup begin...

liv
    i'll be home tonight.. and I do have some fresh saltwater ready to use.or u can store things in my sump too.

but like zookeeper says.. corals are real hardy.. so hardy, they live in our tanks so make a batch of saltwater same salinity, and bring temp to like 78. drop them in there.. most should survive. add a light if u can.. even if its not 10k or blue.. they'll take an no tube for now.

liv
    as for your crack on your tank.. I had that happen to me a while back.. you got any source of heat at the back of the tank or under. I had one of those electrical plates on the floor by the wall.. just enough of a difference in temp to crack the glass. if thats the case with you.. you will have to relocate your tank or it will happen again.

tank wise i think i have everytyhing underr control.. things are living, and the corals are at a friends for a while. I've made a ton of saltwater and have the LR and inverts inside it... should be good for now at least

Yeah i have a plug underneath the tank, you think that would cause it to crack? '

just waiting for some clean up crew to arrive... won't be making another tank until at least november as i'm moving then. At least it will make moving day easier lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast