Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

i know a lot of you have seen pics of my carpet but............

after this dismal grasp.............

i know a lot of you said, this guy is (^%$$*(* nuts, but...... i came home the other day and for the first time i saw the male clown on the left side of the tank. i also noticed a possible reason why, the three stripe ( no need to tell me, i've had him for 7+years but the PT rules the tank ) is a little protective of "that side".

i tried to take a pic but the camera was in vid mode and every time i hit the button....... well you can probably figure out what happened, and they went back home.

almost exactly 3 months after getting the carppet i came home tonight to see this, i really haven't the words to say how happy i am but still hoping everything works out.

first there was one

then two, ok three but he will let go of his territory, they have a bodyguard!! ( he looks pissed off :014: )

is it love........

the three stripe appears to be dealing with it but he isn't happy. the nem is a little shrunken as it's close to sleepy time. the clowns are as happy as ..........
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

liv
    lucky bugger!

I have 3 different species, 1 species hosts bubble tips, the other hosts xenia and the other nothing.i'm sure i've had my carpet anemone for a year now or close.. no luck so far.

looks real good bud

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

thanks, they did all the hard work though, i just did all the worrying :b15:

i woke up in the middle of the night and went to see if they were having a sleep over, it looked like big blue clownfish taco. the nem was partially folded and the two clowns were tucked in tight.

i just went to check on them again and they were under the outside of the nem, looking for a nice rock maybe. :b13: when they saw me so close they ran back to their anemone, like it was just the natural thing to do.

i'm going to try feeding the anemone's today but may try feeding the fish some mysis first to see if the will try to feed the anemone for me, maybe to much to hope for on the first day but why not see what happens.

the damsel is still a little ticked but has realized he can't do anything about it. there is so much other real estate to choose from he should make a full recovery.
    `

My Gallery

Congrats! It always seems more complete when the Clowns are actually hosting an Anemone. I have two Standard Clowns that host my water intake tube and one Sebae that hosts a Long Tentacle Anemone. Your success with the blue carpet is amazing, I hear they are very difficult to keep.

thanks, you're right, it feels more complete now that they have finally moved into the anemone. this has been a long time coming and i am so happy they are home and it looks like to stay.

i feed the tank some mysis last night and the clowns went and hid under the anemone???!?!?!?, though i'm sure i saw them scoot out and grab some for themselves. i am still trying to stay as far back from the tank to try and not spook them.

when i feed the nem's ( by hand ) the male quickly scooted under the nem but the female stayed. the nem ate his dinner and thing quickly returned to normal ( already calling it normal after 2 days :b15: ) .
    `

My Gallery

Awesome nem. Congrats,

That's AWESOME a4twenty! Sure beats watching mine host the magfloat!
    Hoping to get one as well as some sps, lps when the tanks have recovered from the move..
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

thanks guys ( & gals, dont want you to feel left out ), i never thought it was going to happen.
    `

My Gallery

I have a couple that reproduce regulary in a patch of hairy mushrooms. When the shrooms are all open in the daytime they can really look like that anemone. If u guys dont want to risk an anemone like me (i'm chicken), you should try some hairies... just a suggestion. :b16:

Happy for ya a4twenty
    Attached Images Attached Images

Clowns will host in a variety of things. Mine host in a large leather umbrella. I think it is cool they do, but they never come out unless it is to eat. It's a real treat when I see one of them swimming in the middle of the tank.....no, no wait he went back to the umbrella. Darn, that was nice while it lasted though. :b2:

a4twenty I don't know if you mentioned or not but have they started mating?
    180 gallon reef. 230 lbs live rock. Mostly LPS and softies with increasing numbers of SPS. Desjardini Tang, Purple Tang, Powder Blue, Heniochus, Ocellaris clowns, chromis and a mandarin. 3- 250 watt 10000K metal halide lights with 2 VHO actinics.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast