Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Public Aquarium Coming to Ottawa

Anyone else excited about the possibility of a public aquarium coming to Ottawa as a part of the Jeff Hunt proposal for Lansdown Park? Here is a link to the proposal: http://www.lansdownelive.ca/

I wonder if they would accept volunteers.

Maybe MASO should issue a press release in support of the project :b6:

It looks pretty exciting Todd. Especially the part where you can walk through tunnels under water and look at the sea life. I really hope it happens. Maybe I will bump into you again at another football game. :b16: BUT...let us not forget City Hall still has to approve this plan. Let's not forget how they like to drag their feet and prolong everything. They don't want to go ahead with te first proposal laid out, but if they do what they propose and ask for a world wide competition for proposals, we will miss the CFL's deadline. I understand competition is fair, but we could miss the boat because of it. :b12: BUT...I sure do hope it happens.
    180 gallon reef. 230 lbs live rock. Mostly LPS and softies with increasing numbers of SPS. Desjardini Tang, Purple Tang, Powder Blue, Heniochus, Ocellaris clowns, chromis and a mandarin. 3- 250 watt 10000K metal halide lights with 2 VHO actinics.

liv
    wow.. that would be great!
    i'm with you.. where do I sign up to volunteer he he

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

The project was put on hold and its been 6 months now so I am not sure if it will happen.
    29g Biocube, 2x90w Aqua Illumination LED light modules, Vortech MP20, Sapphire BC29 skimmer, GHL Profilux Plus II with 3pump doser.

Actually the plan Zookeeper linked to was just announced last Saturday. It is the latest and greatest from the group in Ottawa pursuing a CFL franchise. It is in direct competition for stadium money with the plan annoounced last month by Eugene Melnyk who is trying to bring a soccer team here.
    180 gallon reef. 230 lbs live rock. Mostly LPS and softies with increasing numbers of SPS. Desjardini Tang, Purple Tang, Powder Blue, Heniochus, Ocellaris clowns, chromis and a mandarin. 3- 250 watt 10000K metal halide lights with 2 VHO actinics.

ijo
    This would be awesome!!!

Hells yeah, I'm volonteering to be tank cleaner!!!!! lol

That would be great!
    Tank: 125 Gallons with Coast to Coast overflow
    Sump/Refuge: 55Gallons
    Lighting: 400W MH x3
    Pumps: Seio 1100 and 820, Koralia 4, Tunze Nanostream 6025 moded
    Return: Ocean Runner 3500
    Skimmer: Octopus HoB double pump skimmer
    (Octopus Pro 300)

IN PROGRESS
    GHL Standalone dosing pump

Live stock : Velvet wrasse, clown wrasse, niger trigger, 2 blood shrimps, 2 purple firefish

Quote Originally Posted by percula99 View Post
    It looks pretty exciting Todd. Especially the part where you can walk through tunnels under water and look at the sea life. I really hope it happens. Maybe I will bump into you again at another football game. :b16: BUT...let us not forget City Hall still has to approve this plan. Let's not forget how they like to drag their feet and prolong everything. They don't want to go ahead with te first proposal laid out, but if they do what they propose and ask for a world wide competition for proposals, we will miss the CFL's deadline. I understand competition is fair, but we could miss the boat because of it. :b12: BUT...I sure do hope it happens.
    Not a done deal yet by any means, but it is still nice to hope.

I'm with you. I have wanted an aquarium in Ottawa for a long time.

Does anyone remember about 10-15 years ago they spoke about putting one in Lebretton Flats? Then the people from Halifax said it belonged in their city instead of here. What happened...no one got it. Gotta love politicians.

Anyway, I cast my vote for Ottawa getting a CFL team and an aquarium. Just show me the fishies.

liv
    i'm padi certified.. i'll dive with the fish daily for feeding and my amusement
    but seriously.. would love to be a part of it!

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast