View Poll Results: The best combination and bioload.

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • School of 3

1 14.29%
  • School of 5

5 71.43%
  • Longspine Cardinal for school

0 0%
  • Wrasse for school

1 14.29%
  • Chromis for school

4 57.14%
  • Chromis-1 Convict Tang- 1 Blenny-2 Clowns

0 0%
  • Wrasses-Convict Tang-Blenny-2Clowns

0 0%
  • Cardinals-Convict tang-Blenny-2 Clowns

0 0%
  • Chromis-Anthias-Clowns

2 28.57%
  • Cardinals-Anthias- Convict Tang

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking The best fish for a school

I got my 65G and will soon have to decide on a type of fish for a school of 5 or 3 fish. Which one would a be a better candidate. The other fish in the tank could be; 1 convict tang 1 blenny 2 clowns and their anemone.

The 65g will have a 29 g fuge an external skimmer, Octopus DNW 150 ( 270gph) . The tank has a coat to coast overflow, and two powerheads , Vortech 201 and Tunze Turbelle Nano Stream 6055 about 2000gph flow each. I tend to make a simple rock sculpture japaneese style in the middle. 2 to 3 inch sandbed.
    50% SPS -50% LPS and macro algae for the Tang if possible.
    What do you think.

We used to have a school of 5ish... We have a pair of clowns that were the very first in the tank and later on I really wanted a blue chromis. I felt that he might be lonely as a single so we also got a yellow one and a 3 striped damsel.
    I know it sounds like a rough combo but since they were all put in at the same time, they just grouped off as if they were all from the same pod. The clown don't venture very far from there fuzzy mushroom rock (home) and the other 3 just hung out as a group. Unfortunatly the trio has become a duo as some of the other inhabitants got hungry and i guess the little yellow guy became some sort of expensive dinner.

Off topic: Has any one else have there tank eat an expensive treat once in a while?

Quote Originally Posted by ReefMama View Post
    We used to have a school of 5ish... We have a pair of clowns that were the very first in the tank and later on I really wanted a blue chromis. I felt that he might be lonely as a single so we also got a yellow one and a 3 striped damsel.
    I know it sounds like a rough combo but since they were all put in at the same time, they just grouped off as if they were all from the same pod. The clown don't venture very far from there fuzzy mushroom rock (home) and the other 3 just hung out as a group. Unfortunatly the trio has become a duo as some of the other inhabitants got hungry and i guess the little yellow guy became some sort of expensive dinner.

Off topic: Has any one else have there tank eat an expensive treat once in a while?
    Actually my pistol shrimp has eaten 2 of my fishes. A yellow watchman and his replacement, $ 90 down the pipe.Not funny the shrimp itself is $ 90.

Our stupid anemone....[rant]
    SO one day we buy a cute little yellow blenny.....
    aclimatize it alllllllllllllll day and then drop it in simply to watch our Anemone have a 40 $ lunch ! F#%@ I was so pissed !

Quote Originally Posted by ReefMama View Post
    Our stupid anemone....[rant]
    SO one day we buy a cute little yellow blenny.....
    aclimatize it alllllllllllllll day and then drop it in simply to watch our Anemone have a 40 $ lunch ! F#%@ I was so pissed !

I sympathise. by the way just an hour or so is enough for acclimatation ,a bit of water every 15 min and your good to go after 1 hour , 1 H 1/2 . :b16:

Sponsor - Ottawa Inverts
    What kind of wrasses would you be looking for exactly?
    Hours:
    Saturdays: 10am - 6pm
    Sundays: 10am - 12pm "Salty Sundays"
    Sundays: 12pm - 6pm

Contact us at:
    613-884-SALT
    613-884-7258

Quote Originally Posted by Catoux View Post
    I sympathise. by the way just an hour or so is enough for acclimatation ,a bit of water every 15 min and your good to go after 1 hour , 1 H 1/2 . :b16:

To be completely honest we had bought A LOT of rock and stuff and he kinda got forgotten while we arranged rocks and played with new equipment! You know how it is when you get to the LFS! I always feel the "OMG I CANT BELEIVE WE SPENT THAT MUCH MONEY" feeling on my way home though! Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by redbelly View Post
    What kind of wrasses would you be looking for exactly?

Hello Pat Its chris LOL:b15: Ya i"m conducting a little survey to help me decide . So since your here.

Which do you recommend.

ijo
    I've always wanted a school of chromis(5) but heard that they do not last very long in our tanks... could someone confirm this?

IJO

What about a school of Bangaii Cardinals??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast