KENT Liquid Reactor

Has anyone else ever used this product....if so, can you tell me what you think of it.

I had a bottle here and used it a couple times...my water instantly went cloudy. I mean really cloudy. The calcium level and ALK were perfect after just 2 uses but what a cloudy mess it leaves for an hour or so. Just wondering if anyone else has used it. I'll just add it to my top off water and water change supply just to use it up but I'm not impressed with it.

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Does the cloudiness go away after awhile? I know the owner of our local reef shop LFS uses it in his tanks and yes there is a cloudiness to them for a tiny bit, but it dissipates rather soon. I however hav never used it so I can't give my own personal comments.

If I add the amount directed it takes about half an hour to dissipate. it gets cloudy enough that you can't see half way through the tank. It works OK if I add it in my top off water but I'm not a fan of the cloudiness if added directly to the tank. I got the bottle for free so it was worth the try. The end results as far as calcium levels and ALK can't be better. Just the side effects are troublesome.

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

The same happens in the tanks at the store I was mentioning. I guess it's just the way it works. If you're happy with the results though, why wouldn't you keep using it? Just add it in the morning and you'll be good for the day.

Its normal. Carib Sea makes a similar product. Check your algae, as I've heard these supplements introduce some phosphates.

Cheers

Yeah algae is blooming a bit...it's history....