Spike Ammonia (almost 2.0) and Nitrates (over 20) ????

125 gal reef with 40 gal sump... 120 lbs fiji, 120 lbs aragonite in view tank 25 lbs crushed coral in sump/ Sump also has spaggetti / grape and razor curlurpa. (Just added last week) Overflow is doing close to 800 gph with a mag 12 return.+ Powerhead 802 and a MajiJet 900 Lots of flow and current in view tank. In-sump Skimmer is a moded seclone MJ1200 direct Taking out about 1/4 cup of Crud each day.( Iknow But with the mods this thing is working for now) Also a Ehiem 2217 empty for flow in the sump.
    View Tank has Medium sized Regal, Yellow and Scopas tangs, Mandrian, Cleaner wrassle, Maroon clown, BTA, red star, several snails and hermits. About 30+ corals SPS, LPS and Softies and Shrooms.
    I had just added the sump about a week ago And tested water today. Ammonia (almost 2.0) and Nitrates (over 20) are both up, Could it be the increase in water flow? And should things settle down a bit over time?
    Nothing seems to bothered right now by the higher levels But Im sure they will be if they dont drop soon.

Evening Chazzes Without knowing the intricacies of your system I would have to think that .... if there is a new sand bed or rock in the new sump .... that the sump is cycling like a NEW tank that is connected to your main tank. If this is the case You "may" be able to confirm if this by taking tests of the sump water and comparing it to the tank water. Otherwise something has or is perhaps dieing in your system. To be getting 1/4 cup of crud out of the system seems excessive!! Somethings going on in there somewhere.
    Rob

Not sure whats going on checked and rechecked dosent seem to be anything dieing off. heres a pic of the crud its pulling thats been in the last day and 1/2 was cleaned Saturday morning

That's a lot of stuff to suddenly have in the water to be skimmed off. Could you have had an algae bloom that was unnoticed? Did you change the direction of the flow in the tank and stir up some stuff off the bottom or blow in off the rocks? Something has changed and made a lot of organic material available. The skimmer proves that. Keep a close eye on it Chazzes. Let me know what you discover.
    Rob

Just did a water check 9:30 am. Ammonia is down to 0.25 but Nitrates are still hovering around 20 Think it has to be the increase in water flow. I was pushing around 800 gph now Im pushing closer to 1500 gph. (75 gal upgraded to the 125gal)More flow through the rock must of stired things up. I think with the addition of the Sump 40gal I didint notice the spike because of the extra added water volume. Thanks Rob... got me looking in the right direction. Going to do a 10 gal water change today see if it help any.