bad news, good news!

This last few days has be frustrating...my main pump (mag 1800) went on the reef tank and I had to make an emergency trip to town to replace it. This time I bought a extra one! Then I was attempting to wire a ice cap ballest to my vho lights and I fried either the ballest or bulbs or more then likely both
    The good news is ......Spork is much improved and will make it for sure! And I got a tiny queen angel for the 7' tank to go with my flagfin and blueface. I also agreed to let my daughter (22yrs.old) buy a princess parrot fish I know these fish have a dismal recorde of surviving...but she is determined to try. The LFS said it came in accidently and that they wouldn't order them in. (hopefully they're being truthful) We set up a 33 gallon tank for it. It is really a very pale color right now and the face reminds me of a panda's ! If anyone out there has had sucess with these please send any tips this way
    Lynn

The bulbs should be OK Lynn. Their just tubes full of gas that current is passed through .. However frying the ballast is a bummer. Glad to hear Spock is improving
    Rob

LYNN

highly unlikely you fried an ICECAP as it has a fuse for safety and a few other safeguards. I've been there so that should be good news for ya.

recheck the wires on the icecap. You'll probably have to check everyone and try again. Why do you think you fried the ballast, did you smell or see smoke?

Way to go Spork! What a survivor. I'm so glad to hear this. I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of the baby queen angel.

I had trouble with my IceCap ballast when I was doing the wiring too. They're finicky but pretty hard to kill. I'll bet the worst you have to do is replace that fuse.
    Susan

that would be great if the ballest wasn't fried! I'm sure the 4 bulbs are as they was a real sizzle sound and smoke, a few of the bulbs are quite black on the ends. I have rewired (I believe correctly) and I get nothing.
    Here's a pic of my tiny queen...she's no bigger then a quarter, I wouldn't normally have boughten such a tiny one but she has been at the LFS for at least 6 weeks, tells me she's a survivor!
    Lynn

Oh she's just precious! It's almost hard to believe that one day she'll be a 12" Queen. It will be interesting watching her change to her adult colouration/markings.
    Susan