Book - Ultimate Marine Aquariums

I have recently added to my collection an amazing book that i would highly reccommend. the book is called "Ultimate Marine Aquariums" by Michael Paletta ISBN:1-890087-74-2. It reveiws 50 amazing aquariums from around the world and gives all the details and background to each tank. it is great to see all these successful tanks and the methods used, and would greatly help up see what has worked for these "experts" and be able to apply some of those techniques to our tanks.
    just wanted to bring this book to your attention.
    Albert
    My Photos

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    I've been contemplating buying this book...
    From what I've heard, there's some great aquariums in there, however, they overlooked some real good ones right here in North America.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

that may be, but i still think its worth it.
    Albert
    My Photos

Alrha - I've been thinking about getting this as well. Does it cover reefs as well as fish only tanks? I'm contemplating a new 240g fish only with live rock tank and could really use some ideas.
    Susan

i believe it is mainly Reefs. (i did not read the whole book yet, i just read the intro (which summarizes stats on what people have done) and then some tanks here and there, from what i have read, i wish i would have seen it sooner. it gives you enough into to copy EXACTLY what that particular person has done. it gives you everything from filtration methods, to additives, to technology, down to temp, pH, and Salinity)
    Albert
    My Photos

I've looked at the book and I wasn't all that impressed. Paletta seems to have concentrated his efforts in California/US and the photos, I thought, were incredibly blurry in some cases. I also wish there were more tanks that weren't reef garden tanks. Anyone who's gone diving knows that in nature, you get these areas of monospecifity - one species overtakes all others. I love monspecific tanks and think that they are incredibly natural. I wish the book had some.

Not bad, but certainly nothing I'm going to put in my bookshelf.
    Jason Nugent
    http://malhavoc.homeunix.com/
    ReefCentral Admin

180 gallon Oceanic with Lifereef Sump, 33 gallon with VHO, 20 gallon frag tank with MH