Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Video of the rarest aquariums you'll find in some dudes living room!

If you'll take time to watch the video of these still pics I can promise two things. 1. you haven't seen these before anywhere and 2. they will highlight what is possible in true bare bones aquarium husbandry where no filters are used, no skimmers for the reefs, yet they run at the palmtop level just the same as giant tanks with all the bells and whistles. There's no golden secret to these, just ten years of patience. I don't do anything special other than regular water changes and the addition of ion supports, calcium and alk, nothing else is dosed.

enjoy!
    B
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Video of the rarest aquariums you'll find in some dudes living room!-1-3reefbowl.jpg   Video of the rarest aquariums you'll find in some dudes living room!-terrarium-reef-glowb.jpg   Video of the rarest aquariums you'll find in some dudes living room!-mini-cleaner.jpg   Video of the rarest aquariums you'll find in some dudes living room!-bare-bones-reefbowl.jpg   Video of the rarest aquariums you'll find in some dudes living room!-reefmeasure.jpg  

--

geeze I have to make five posts before I can post the video link. guess I'll make more pictures then.

--

tiny fish in the .5 gallon reef. He was only in here for two months to test the nitrate clearances of the mini refugium inside, which worked well. This panda goby was so pinpoint small that he loved this tank and perched all over looking for pods to catch. he ate cyclopeeze regularly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Video of the rarest aquariums you'll find in some dudes living room!-panda-goby.jpg  

fourth post

number four....

5th...

fifth post... :b9:

Finally!

Ok proof I'm not a web bot has been established, and even if I was you'd want it's reefkeeping secrets he he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOsitYhihc

enjoy!

posted two hours ago

I think having to post through the moderators when they aren't active and you've already passed 9 kinds of bot prevention is too redundant and it is preventing basic communication...too bad I like you guys' forum! Well I sent the link via post but the machine has picked it up and said it has to be mod approved, that was over two hours ago so at this rate a basic discussion would take all day. Feel free to delete this thread if you want, I'm out eh

b

i guess you can manually search for it on you tube under "globe ecosystems" take the first vid

Hi Brandon,

I approved your posting - sorry for the delay most of the mods have day jobs and the response isn't always instant for these things. Reporting it sent me an e-mail, but please use that option sparingly.

Once you've posted a few times, the requirement for approval will go away.

Regards,
    Krugar.
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

those are crazy small, there was guy on here from the states last year that had a tiny tank going too ( i'm looking for it ). i would think it's almost impossible to do for a long period of time without running into problems, though large water changes would be easy enough.

thanks for the pics and link :b15:

PS: it's only post with links in them that are put in to be approved, it has to be done to prevent spam, sorry for the hassle.
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

I still think that tank with the ruler was just shot with a shrink gun from rick moranis. These are pretty awesome pictures. I can't say I've seen anything like it before. I bet these tanks are much easier to move when you sell the house
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast