Unhappy Green Bubble Tip Anemones

Hi, I just bought a green bubble tip anemone this afternoon, I did the dipping, however, after I introduce to my tank, it start to 'dying', all the color turn white, all the 'tip' so thin and a lot of 'stuff' coming out from its mouth. This is the second time I do the anemone and they have the same result, did I do anything wrong? I do the water change every 2 weeks and all the data is very good, nothing wrong with water quality.

I really want to know what happen, since I did some research and never said why this happen?

P.S. I have my MH lighting and my tank is 56g. Please help me on this. Many Thanks!!!:b8:
    :028:

It ain't about how you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward

How did you acclimate him to your tank? Flow in a bag for 15 minutes, then drip/water change for an hour?

What "dipping" did you do? I hope you meant you drip acclimated.. What did you do for temp/

liv
    I think he did dipping against parasites maybe ? that would stress the ** out of it. inverts need a nice and slow acclimation.. 2-3h is best drip method.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

I dipped more than 2 hours and using the acclimation. I am doing it very carefully. Anyway. What is the white stuff coming out from anemone.
    :028:

It ain't about how you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward

powder18

hmmm:b9: i never accliminate my purple lta all what i did is threw the bag into my tank wait for a few minutes just to get the right temperature nothing what's so ever adding water into plastic bag turn off my powerheads wait until it settle down in one place as soon as the anemone settle to one area i slowly run my powerheads never had problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder18 View Post
    hmmm:b9: i never accliminate my purple lta all what i did is threw the bag into my tank wait for a few minutes just to get the right temperature nothing what's so ever adding water into plastic bag turn off my powerheads wait until it settle down in one place as soon as the anemone settle to one area i slowly run my powerheads never had problem.
    You probably got lucky with a salinity and ph that was close to equal from the tank and the bag
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

powder18

not really though, i've done it this in the passed never have any problem with it. maybe there's something wrong with your water parametre could causes some bad reaction from your anemone as long as everything is in right level all your water condition anemone would do well in your tank. one of my friend has a RBTA that used to be mine though, i did it same way too like im always doing it nothing went wrong. could be something wrong with your water that causes of that anemone to bleached out.