Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: redbugs

Senior Member upthecreekwithoutapaddle's Avatar

redbugs

:b8:
    i got em!
    so i know the treatment but i have two large carpet anemones and wondering if the interceptor will harm my nems?
    also, what happens if i dont treat the redbugs?
    any thouhts
    thanks

powder18

six line wrasse, mandarin maybe will help a bit they are known this type of fish for pets eater:b2:

liv
    also some of the pipefish sp. eat those as well.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

powder18

yellow wrasse or aka banana wrasse, leopard wrasse this type of fish very hardy and known as a pests cotrol in your tank sometimes they may eat some bristleworm, actually im looking for banana wrasse i need to get rid off my bristleworm its everywhere in my tank i've got stunk yesterday trying to move some of my LR's :b8:

i have a six line and purchased a manderin yesterday. see how it goes. i dont think i want to dose my system with interceptor...*sigh*...i guess if the acros die then the red bugs will disapear.

Is it possible to remove your acros? If so, you could try dipping outside your DT and possible quarentine for a while and/or redose as required.

no, the coral is incrusted on the rocks. there is also clams etc on some rock. as well, its a mixed tank and the acros are spread out.
    they say you have to treat the entire tank, equipment and all, otherwise when you put the acro back in it gets re-infested.

if it gets bad i may frag them and treat the frags in a qt system.

liv
    your absolutely right.. its not by removing the infected corals that it will stop the invasions.. they most likely breed in the LR or sandbed / both.
    so either get a natural predator or nuke the tank with the appropriate stuff.
    I always like the natural approach. tons of people live with flatworms and they can be kept safely with the right predators.. On that one I chose to nuke instead of natural predators.. i've seen what they do to a tank.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

I thought redbugs could not survive without a host. Thus, I was asking if you could remove your sps and allow the tank to sit without sps for some number of weeks till the redbugs die.

I am assuming that redbugs <> flatworms

Quote Originally Posted by RossW View Post
    I thought redbugs could not survive without a host. Thus, I was asking if you could remove your sps and allow the tank to sit without sps for some number of weeks till the redbugs die.

I am assuming that redbugs <> flatworms
    well, yes, i think this may be a way of control.
    it means a tank teardown. and running two systems full out and treating one of the systems with pesticides.
    i am at that place of discuragement with my reef, (dont worry i will get over it) , where there is so much going on in life and now i have to find time to treat, or teardown and treat, or leave things be and hopefully the natural pred. will take care of things.
    :b5:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast