Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New look for my tank

Well, on boxing day I did a total teardown of my tank to clean it up. I changed the sandbed, fragged a lot of stuff and cleaned up the dead branches and whatnot. This is how the aquascaping looks as of now. This was taken the morning after ( yesterday morning) and lots of the corals are still slowly opening up. Today, they are even more open and getting back on track. It is basically more open now with a complete seperate section seperated by the sand for softies and those pesky spreading type corals.
    By the way, those huge powerheads you see are not permanent. They're there till I get my TS24 Tunze Stream kit.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Glad it turned out!!!

By the way, Thanks for the frags!!!!

I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

sweet tank. What lighting are you using on your tank?
    All misspelling is considered intellectual property of it's owner, and is not to be tampered with.

Vince,
    Thanks & no problemo!!!

Upclose,
    I'm using 2x 400w 20000K Radiums on Blueline E ballasts supplemented with 2x 48" 110w VHO blue actinics on an Icecap 660.

wow...the sand looks white, not the blueish color you see on some that use 20kk lights.
    All misspelling is considered intellectual property of it's owner, and is not to be tampered with.

Still looks great. You'll have to post pictures of both sides again once everything is settled.

Nice, I thought you were building a new tank over the holidays? At the last MASO meeting you were talking about a cube type of tank. Plans change?
    ________
    Tanks: 400 gal Reef, 180 gal FOWLR, 300 gal Sump, 40 gal Frag Tray plumbed as one system - 900 gal total water volume.
    DIY Calcium Reactor, Nielson Reactor and Skimmer

Looks great.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Looks great as always Greg... great idea about splitting the tank in to zones as to coral types ... :thumb:

I'll certainly be doing that in the 220 coming in 2004.
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

wow, looks great. is that safe to do? it doesnt disturb the tanks balance? if not, i would love to follow in your footsteps and clean up a bit.
    Albert
    My Photos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast