Thread: agressive skunk

agressive skunk

Hello everyone i seem to have a VERy agressive orange skunk clown. i recently got them about a week two weeks ago male female, the female is doing Great, eating no ich chasing everyone around the tank, but the male is kinda iffy, i'm not sure if it was the stress of taking them home. or maybe it's the female beating on him. he doesnt seem to be eating very much, at all. the female is a pig and anything i put in there she gobbles up. before the male can get any. i saw him go after a piece of food today, i think it stayed down. maybe i should separate him...

thanks
    Todd

What are you feeding? try adding kent garlic to the food.
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

Did you quarantine any of ur fish before adding to ur DT? You could try to rearrange the rock a bit this might disrupt the dominent behaviour or if you have a sump you could banish the bully for a week to give the male a chance to settle in. I have distracted my bullies in the past by skurting some at one end for the bully then I'd target feed (with garlic soaked mysis/flaked/pellets) the stressed fish. :b15:
    45G Tall, 20g sump/fuge, Boyu dg2520 skimmer, Rio 1700 rp, 2 Koralia K1 ph, 4x39w T5HO w 12 Cree XRE LED DIY, CS90 OF, Fish- 2 Ocel, 2 Neon Damsels, Algae Blenny, Serpent Star, CUC- 5BL Hermits, 4 Tiger Turbos, 10 Ceriths, 10 Nassarus, 10 Nerites, Corals- Xenias, Mushrooms, Yellow Polyps, Zoos, RBTA :b15:

No I didn't quarantine them I find it gets them even more stressed from one to tue other so I just aclimate them really slow and easy the cleaner shrimp seems to be taking a good interest in the ich so that's good. And he seems Yo be eating more. Yaaay
    For the moment I feeding them some formula one cubes and flakes, I need to get some marine cuisine haha..