could you ID please

Looking around my little 20gal I started seeing what looked like brittle star arms but red. Red little centiped looking guys, sorry no pic my camera wouldn't focus on it.

Anyone???

ijo
    I think its a Bristle worm and they are beneficial scavengers... most of these are reef safe(never seen one that wasn't).

IJO

great that's what they are so good. Thought I was getting over run with god knows what.
    Stephen

Yep, most likely a bristleworm. No big problems with them, in fact many swear by the need for them. You just have to watch that they don't get too big. I've seen so nightmare pictures online of some of the buggers that managed to hide until they were huge.

They are great...I have hundreds in my refugium so I can also guarantee there are tons in the main tank too. My six line wrasse picks off the little ones if they come out infront of him but most never get harmed.

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

There are at least two species of bristle worm, most are small and beneficial to the reef. The ones that get big are nasty, nasty, NASTY. They will eat clams, corals and quite possibly your pet as well! However they are much more rare. Generally what you see are the little ones. You'd probably only find the big ones by searching at night with a flashlight.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high