non anenome host?

I will be ading a pair of clowns to my 10G and would like to know what would be the best item to add to the tank. As this is a 10G I do not want to put an anenome in the tank as I feel this would be cruel.

What other items have been know to serve well as hosts for clowns?
    Your Source For Live Marine Food

I've had clowns host in xenia, and fingerleathers myself. They won't truly host in them though. They'll use them for shelter but with an anenome, they'll actually have a bind or relationship of cleaning, feeding and protecting each other. give it a try though. Why not just get a small anenome? Just make sure you get the right one for the type of clown you have.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

one reason I do not want an anenome is they can move around. Ther is not a whole lot of room in a 10G to begin with and the thought of it moving on me is just someting i don't want to deal with.

I realize the clown will not truly host in a leather or other coral. I am trying to keep the clowns as happy as possible in their enviroment.

I've had true percs host nicely in big hairy mushrooms. The mushrooms didn't seem to mind, and they didn't need a bunch of light or care.

Bill

Light should not be too much of an issue. At the moment i am leaning twards some Xenia and posibly a toadstool leather.

Try ocellaris clowns, they're not really attached to any sort of host and don't seem to mind not having one.

Besides they're also a non-agressive type of clown.
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

Some people make a synthetic type of anemone out of cutup elastic bands. Quite often, this works rather well. I've read of this a few times.

I second ReefVan. Get a pair of Oscellaris (perferably start with two juvenilles). As for the host, get a toadstool leather. Easy to keep and doesn't require a lot of light. My two clowns host in my toadstool (largest coral in the tank), and have so far ignored my BTA.

BTW: mine also took six months to host in anything, so you have to be patient.