I'm bored! Update and pic

Hope you all had a great holiday! and Happy New Year to All!

I picked up a few fish over the holidays. I've made use of all three QTanks. My queen and parrot are out of quarantine now and in the 7' tank. I got a squarespot anthias, a small powderblue tang (for my reef tank) a couple sandsifter gobies and another puffer....which I did not want!! but couldn't help myself He's a spiny box puffer. I've never seen one before...he looks like someone with a spikey hairdo and eyebrows!...and I do mean spikey! I'll post a pic soon. He is the same size as spork.
    The parrot fish is awesome! soooo coool!!!!!! he is so tame already, even moving him to the big tank. He reconizes me instantly and comes out to the front and begs. I've been feeding him 5 times a day ( like the S.M. book says) I think it may be a little much, cuz instead of cruising around and munching on stuff he's just hanging out at the front of the tank looking at me?? He has the neatest eyes and almost seems to make contact with them (kinda like a jawfish does) He's eating out of my tweezers mysis, spirulina, krill and is taking flake food out of the water column. I'm tickled pink
    Here's a picture. I'm trying to get a super up close one
    Lynn

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Lynn,

Thats a great picture and wonderful looking fish! Congrats!!
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Great shot and neat fish. :thumb: I'd agree though that he's eating too much and probably should be foraging more often.

Cut him back to 3 meals a day and see how quickly he starts to forage. Either that or cut back on the aount at each feeding.

I always find it interesting to watch them foraging for food in the tank, otherwise they look just like another fat goldfish waiting to be fed at the surface... :

No offence meant to you goldfish people but those guys aren't chubby for nothing...
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

What a great picture! I can't wait to see pics of your other new fish Lynn. Could you post the URL of your website? I know I was there once before but didn't bookmark it and can't find it now.
    Susan