Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angels showing signs of mating

woo hoo. 5 days after getting my 90 gallon setup and introducing my two cherub angels, the male tonight exhibited signs of mating. his lower half faded from a brillant blue to a whitish blue, and he was rocketing around the tank, trying to get the female to follow him. the female showed some interest, but failed to rocket around the tank like the male. i bought the second cherub, which is no bigger than 3/4 of an inch long, a week before christmas and had her in quarintine until the 90 was ready and introduced them at the same time to the new tank to avoid any territorial disputes. unforunetly, we had to step out and missed anything else that may have happened. this is the time when you wish you had a kick butt digital movie camera. here's a pic of the new setup.

90 gallon in wall with fishroom
    30 gallon refugium
    soon to be 90 gallon sump
    Barry

Patience is a virtue.

The tank looks great and good luck with the Angles....

Now get the corraline growing and get the tank looking like a North American tank and not an immaculate Japanese tank....hahahaha...very nice work...

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

ijo
    great news on the angels!! Awesome tank barry!!!... :thumb:

IJO

Oh Barry, that's wonderful! Pairs are so much more fun to watch and they really seem like happier more natural fish. I'm sure the little lady will get the hint soon.

The tank looks really, really good. I think you just need some kind of background besides the file cabinet :-) Just kidding - great job!
    Susan

its a work in progress. i plan on putting a removable curtain as a background after all the plumbing is complete for the sump.
    Barry

Patience is a virtue.

Way to go , Barry! Looks awesome! The guys at Dal will be jealous if your cherubs breed. They haven't had any luck yet I don't think. If they lay eggs on something removable maybe you can donate them to be raised there.

I think something removable is definitely the way to go for a background. Makes it so much easier to see what is going on in the back! I stripped the paint off the back of mine and put up a paper background with tape so I can peek if I want to.
    Gail in Nova Scotia

The tank looks awesome Barry. What a change from the temp setup you had when I was there last. Keep us up with the mating and more pics and detailed of the tank would be welcomed.
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

What lighting are you using at the moment? Did you get your MH installed?

yup, the two 250 watt MH have been up and running since the start of the 90 gallon. i've been toning the mh down with three layers of black nylon screening to help the corals aclimatize to the increase in lighting. i've had all week off, so i've been periodically removing and adding layers all day to slowly get the intensity up.
    Barry

Patience is a virtue.

Are you supplementing the lighting with anything else or is it just the 2X250's? Any Antiinic bulbs on the go?
    How's the sump coming along?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast