OUCH...not my day

I was in the tank today...ok my arm was...doing some cleaning. I moved a piece of live rock and got a sting or bite from who knows what. Hurt like crazy and now I have a really red finger. When I reacted to that sting, I moved my hand and bumped it into my 12 inch carpet anenome that was obviously feeding...WHAM...another sting. Good thing I got rid of my zoos and lionfish...I'm going to bed before this hobby kills me tonight...working on the lighting is definately out of the question for tonight....

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Moving rocks and got stun...

Bristle worm.. they are killers somtimes.. I got bit by mine, He is 2 feet long.. Lucky for him he was able to run off into the rocks before i could catch his butt!

a two foot bristleworm! Are you trying to get it out of your tank?

Mouse that's some really rotten luck. Hope your hand feels better today! Perhaps this be a good time to consider some gloves for working in your tank?
    Susan

I have gloves but I'm a TYPICAL MAN...you know the kind...has map but would rather find aplace on his own type. It was probably a bristle worm or something...jsut a little red today...hahaha...
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

While were on the topic of being stung ... Are there any known "deadly" critters that can catch a ride into our tanks on the rock we put in them. I know about "deadly" fishes and I am just wondering now about other critters?
    Rob

Hello

The only real bad ass one that I have ever had the pleasure of see is the snail Conus textile it is a venomous snail that need's to be removed from a system with a pair of tweezers. Even if you try to remove it from your tank by picking it up by the shell it can still sting you. There are other's but they escape me now..

Stan