Thread: bicolor angel

bicolor angel

hello all.

i recently got a brand new bicolor angelfish, introduced him to my tank, he acclimated really well.
    now my concern with him now is that iv noticed hes picking on some of my coral, i know any angel i'm taking a change with my corals. right now i have covered the ones hes picking on with the top half of a 2L bottle that i cut, just to be safe. but i find him finding a new prey every time i cover one up.

the ones he seems to be more drawn to are one of my brain corals, and my Acans, of course the more expensive ones too :&

if anyone has any experience with this fish or any ideas what to do that would be much appreciated

thanks so much
    Todd
    65 Gallon, reef 50lbs LR, LED Lights 120W (i think), current 1 chromis, 2 Black clown fish, 1 yellow tang, 1 cobberband butterfly, lots of snails 1 emerald crabs, 10 hermits,1 cleaner shrimp.

There are only two options. Sell the coral or the fish. You can try to keep him really well fed but that may be to the detriment of the tank with uneaten food.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

alright so, i tried to get a bit more rock and introduce that into the system, i thought maybe it would have distracted him from picking corals. turns out those corals are just to good to resist. that didnt work, all the time i had this fish he was super well fed, and ate all the time!!
    anyways hes out now, i tried to get him before stores closed but he was persistent and refused to get in the net, so now i finally caught him hes unfortunatly going to spend the night in a small bowl.

if anyone knows a good home for this lovely fish, please let me know first time first serve, name me a price, 30$ would be nice

thanks for the feedback shipwreck
    65 Gallon, reef 50lbs LR, LED Lights 120W (i think), current 1 chromis, 2 Black clown fish, 1 yellow tang, 1 cobberband butterfly, lots of snails 1 emerald crabs, 10 hermits,1 cleaner shrimp.