Total Fish Stock - Advice?

ok, after plenty of time to think about what i want, this is what i have decided on. Please give me your thoughts as to individual fish, or to the collection as a whole.

I currently have:
    Red-Sea-Sailfin Tang
    Six-Line wrasse

I would like to add:
    Lawnmower Blenny (for cleaning)
    Copperband Butterfly (i know the difficulty is getting them to eat)
    Ocellaris clowns (two - if i get a medium and a small, will they pair?)
    Twinspot (Signal) Goby (to mix up the sand)

This would total 7 fish for my 72 gal and i think would be good. is it too much? would i be able to add something else small? The way i see it is just the tang and copperband would get big, the clowns and the six-line stay small. the blenny and goby are just for maintenance.

let me know your thoughts.
    thanks.
    Albert
    My Photos

I've been trying to decide what Tang to get for my 77 gallon and has been told that Sailfin requires 100+ gallon tank... but if this isn't the case let me know and maybe i'll get one of these for myself
    ======================
    sold the 77gallon back in 2005, looking to setup a nano

alrha

seems good to me. The SAILFIN will of course get very big eventually. Are you skimming? do you really want a gobie to stir up the sand? I've seen were gobies make a huge mess and will smother out corals with the fine silt that settles out onto the corals because the current is blowing around the sand.

my sailfin actually is quite big (maybe 4-5") and he is the happiest and hardiest thing in my tank. while battling my hair algae issue, a lot of my other fish came and went do to all the stress placed on the tank by rearranging, changing, etc. the sailfin never blinked. I havent even fed the tank in about a month, and he is as happy as can be (eats the algae). secondly, i dont think that they would grow as fast or as large in a tank as they would in the ocean. lastly, if i ever find that he is getting too big for the tank and getting stressed, i can always sell him or give him away - but i dont think he will get to that point so fast.

Yes i am skimming with an AquaC Remora Pro.

I want to goby to stir up the sand so that it can release the nitrogen gas, keep it clean, and keep it turning over and healthy (which i think is important in a DSB). i am not worried about the dust as i have never had a problem with it, and my powerhead is blowing towards the surface, so it doesnt really blow the sand all over. i actually usually stir up the sand with a stick every now and then (and you can see bubles pop out and surface), the goby can now take that job from me.
    Albert
    My Photos

nbreau, i would of course suggest you start with a small sailfin, would give you more time to enjoy him before he gets big - and of course the red-sea one is, in my opinon, a lot prettier.
    Albert
    My Photos

cool... maybe i will look into a sailfin... thanks.
    ======================
    sold the 77gallon back in 2005, looking to setup a nano

alrha

You probaly already heard this but it is not neccesary to stir up the sand bed as there are different levels of bacteria all needing certain amounts of O2. why would you want to release any gas pockets? I've been running a DSB for 3 years now with no probs whatsoever. Even if you have a powerhead pointed at the surface you still have current and the gobie[sandsifter] will make a huge mess[seen it].They are also eating things in the sand that you want in there. Are you having a cyno/algea prob now? stirring the sand bed will only add fule to the fire.Trust me, bin there.

then what happens to the gas pockets if you leave them there forever? wont that eventually become a problem if they are not released out of the system? maybe you have enough critters in your sand that are turning it over.
    Albert
    My Photos

gas

No they won't cause any probs. as your sand matures everything will balance itself out.Corals hate fine dust!

ok then, sold. i guess i should pick another fish to replace him - any suggestions?
    Albert
    My Photos