Royal Gramma Lifespan

Hi,

What is the average lifespan of a Royal Gramma in the home aquarium, are there any reliable sources to list information for fish and inverts?
    I have had my Royal Gramma for over 2 weeks now and I need any tips and info for taking care of it.

If you take good care of it, you can expect the life span to be about 5 years on average. I have read that they can live up to 20 years in captivity, so you never know. There must be a list somewhere for each fish or invertebrates, but I have not seen one that I can remember. Sorry.

Jason

I sure wouldn't mind mien living for 20 years. They're fun to have, at least mine is, I've heard that they're territorial and hide most of the time, but mine is usually in the open and it bothers no one.

It would be nice, but that is at the extreme of their lifespan. I am always happy when they live over the average. Any pictures of your Royal Gramma?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    It would be nice, but that is at the extreme of their lifespan. I am always happy when they live over the average. Any pictures of your Royal Gramma?

Jason
    Royal Gramma Lifespan-royalgrammafish.jpg

Here's a picture of my Royal Gramma. It doesn't look clear, but it's the best I could do with my iPhone camera.