Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new 180g tanks?

new 180g tanks?

Hi, who sells new 180 g tanks? Will be looking at changing my old 180g to a new tank over the next few months. I'll want the tank predrilled with 2 overflow boxes and possible the returns drilled on the rear glass also. Any suggestions? wondering what this will cost also

thanks

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the old one?
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

the 180 had the center brace removed by the previous owner and i needed to come up with a support when i set up the tank. What i did was use make a eurobrace out of the wrong metal which after 1.5 yrs has started to rust leading to rust entering the tank. There are also a few scratches on the front pane which i've never been happy with since day 1. The 2 overflows in it are the type that are large colums in each back corner with the holes drilled on the bottom in each back corner. I would have prefered just overflow boxes up at the top back corners instead. I got a pretty good deal at the time on the tank and had driven to deep river to get it. Once there it didn't make sence to just turn around and come home so i went ahead with the purchase.

if i had a large basement i would keep the old 180 and set it up as a sump or fuge but space is limited so it will have to go

Wow,

Sump anyone?

Hi JeffD .. what are the dimensions of this 180 that you have now? How BAD are the scratches on the front pane and what the back pane look like .. .is it scratched up as well?
    Rob

Hi, the dimensions are of a standard 180 at 6' x 24 x 24. he scratches are not that bad, just depends how picky you are i guess.
    Jeff

OK that's an "ALL GLASS" standard size so you need only find out who is selling that brand in your area. I am currently looking and have a request in with Ivan for a price on a 72 x 24 X 24. What city are you located in? If price for a new 1 blows my socks off I may be interested if your becomes 4 sale.
    Rob

JeffD

When I upgraded my tank to a 180 just over a year ago, I did a lot of searching. I wanted a good tank, but was tying to keep costs reasonable. I opted for driving to Kingston and bought a Miracle tank from Roy's pet shop. Their prices were unbeatable. I also did not want to spend extra money for the starphire glass, as it was, my upgrade was costing $5000, while I was unemployed The 180 gallon tank at Roy's cost me $675, plus $25 each for the pre-drillled holes and had to be pre-ordered with a deposit. Marinescape made my overflow boxes for $50 each (with combed teeth lining the box, probably that would cost extra now). All prices are plus tax. Corners on a Miracle tank are not always perfectly butted together, but mine was OK.

I hope this helps, and you get more replies.

thanks for the info..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast