Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Angry Hate This Hobbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes!!! Freak!! I'm so pissed off. Now I know how reefers feel when they want to pack it in! All of a sudden I'm having shitty f#@#^^%%$ problems! last night my 6' skimmer that I bought used and was delivered with a crack which said person who sold it to me said it didn't have a crack and shipping box was in perfect condition sprung a huge leak! Thank god I was watching TV and heard the water or I would have lost my tank. only 10g on the floor. My huge bubble coral which I was sure was spawning because it was super healthy for a long time closed up shop for a week and now is falling apart in my refugium[I moved him because I'm to damned depressed and I don't want to see him]. My Anenome decides its not happy and decides to move and stings my red Brain and leather along the way. I seprerate them and the Anenome started puking some guts out[for lack of a better description] and my clowns say hey! foreign object and yank a little guts out! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED! were talking a stable as stable system could be! all ph,cal,alk,sal test out! major water change coming up. I'm so upset right now that I want to say, anyone new coming into this hobbie better have thick freaking skin because sometimes no matter how hard you try mother nature has other fu$#%%@ plans. by for now!!!!!!!!!!

That's a real bummer Johnny :-( ... BUT ... at least you were home at the time. It could have been a lot worse then it was. Maybe Harley can fix the skimmer once and for all with his magic?
    Rob

salty

Already brought it to Harley. so bummed.That bubble was my favorite. Just don't know whats going on ?

well I was out of the hobby for that 5 years because when I moved into this house we had a moving delay on one of the hottest days of the year and ... I lost everything. I had put the fish into a 40 gallon tank and I guess that at some point in the day one fish died and the rest went like dominoes. I was VERY upset and took a break from it. Now that I am back at it I do realize how much I missed the hobby because it is SOOO nice to have the tank running and the fish are SOOOO nice. Tanks are like kids. The more problem they are the more we miss them when they go. Hang in there Johnny Things will come round again.
    Rob

hello

Sorry to here about your troubles. You said that the skimmer was used? Did you know the person well who had it before? And did the problems begin when you installed the new skimmer?

Satn

Man, know what you mean about gettin discouraged when things go bad, even one thing... Hard to go thru this sort of crap when all you want is to enjoy your beautiful tank, esp when things are going well...

Sounds like you've got some work ahead of you - good luck with everything! Things will be back to normal again!

hyeah:
    - Alan

Hey Johnny I'm real sorry to hear about all these troubles your having....but things WILL get BETTER...remember that and try not to get to discouraged.
    Corals die off once in a while for no apparent reason (or reasons that we can't figure out) and will probably never figure out...thats just part of reef keeping, a frustrating part, but a part neverthe less.
    Now look at the bright side...you have this board to VENT!!!! gotta be thankful for that!!!
    take care
    Lynn

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Johnny,

Hang in there bud... This is coming from a guy who's tank crashed in July, and has been "IFFY" since.

It's only through the support of everyone here (and my wife) that I've not thrown a hammer into my tank.

This hobby of ours is sometimes a love/hate relationship. And only through it's trials and tribulations do we end up learning, and succeeding in the end.

Let's get you through this latest problem... In the meantime, I'll try to have that thing ready for you in Feb.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Aquanut40

No I didn't know the person at all but the price was right[so I thought] . I didn't have it running for 2 years as it was a purchase for my future bigtank as the skimmer is big! The stress crack was there when it arrived and the box had no damage whatso ever but its possible that it could have been damaged in shipping. The crack is right were the Venturi input fitting is. A third person [builder of skimmers] said more than likely a person hit the fitting as it is hard plumbed and cracked it that way. Who knows? All I know is I'm ticked off at my self for paying cash at the time instead of using my CREDIT CARD as I would have sent the frigging skimmer back! I could have lost my whole! tank if I wasn't at home. empty sump, 2 x burnt pumps and god knows what else. I just hope that the person who sold me the skimmer was truth full. We all know that what comes around goes around. The rest of my problems are a mystery. two things come to mind as to what is causing me trouble. I added some base rock[dry] and also My topoof stopped so salinity jumped. This could have intern affected my ph causing my Bubble coral to infact spawn but at the same time being to stressful on said coral. Its not completely dead yet but its highly unlikely it will recover.

THANKS

Thanks guys/gals for the kind words. Its ironic as I'm usually the one encouraging everyone else as I've had no major problems since day 1 [3 years now]. Guess its my turn:bawling: If any of you had seen the Bubble that I got off oF toutouche you would know why I'm so bummed. If it makes a comeback I'll be suprised and why my beautiful Anenome is strolling around I have no idea.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast