Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critters

Critters

What is the best way of replenishing critters in the tank/refugium?
    I used to have tons and was able to see them crawling on the rocks, glass, sand, etc. Then i had a mandarin for a little bit (he died, probably after eating all my critters) and a sand-sifting-star for a few months (till i realized he eats any critters he can find in the sand, at which point i took him back to the store). So my tank which was once abundant with critters, now seems to not have many if any at all.
    Adding live sand or live rock would probably be the best way, but i already have a lot of sand and rock and dont really want to add any more. furthermore, the LR in local stores seems pretty dead, and to order premium rock would require a large order.
    anybody have any suggestions or know of any places where i can just buy a whole bunch of these guys?
    Albert
    My Photos

IMO, THE best way to get critters is to get some macros or just the critters from other people. Do you have a refugium or sump to place macros in? I really wish you were closer, that way I could give you a bunch.
    OH! OH!! I just thought of something, my wife is going down to NYC on Thursday till probably Monday to visit her brother & wife. How easy is it for you to get to the Tribeca area? Perhaps if the timing can be good, she could bring you some & you could passby to pick some up.

what are Macros? and where is Tribeca? perhaps that may be a good idea - and of course if you need anything from here, i would do my best to send you something with her.
    Albert
    My Photos

ok, i just looked it up in Mapquest and it seems to be in Manhattan. That is of course not a problem for me. Ooooh, i am soooo excited! i love you toutouche!!! let me know what you would need from the "states" and i will take care of it for you. You're the best!
    (if you need to PM me what you need, that is fine too)
    Albert
    My Photos

I even know where Tribeca is....hyeah:
    Did you know they have a place called "Soho" too???? Heh, Heh, Just kidding with you.
    If you go down to 'Bank" st, off Bleaker St, you'll see my old home....I miss NY,NY...
    But I'll be back soon.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

SOHO i know hotshot. well anyway, if it makes you feel any better, i am from the Mid-Town hotshots, so i usually dont waste my time with down-towners - he he, j/k.
    let me know when you come by, we will meet up (and i willl put in a good word for you by the border guards)
    Albert
    My Photos

Alrha,
    My wife would be on Chambers street, right down near the water ( at the end of the street). I'll get back to you late tonight ( after 10:00 p.m.) to see if we can swing something.

sounds great!
    Albert
    My Photos

Alrha,
    You got PM

Toutouche, the critters are all alive and well and now in their new home (my refugium). They are already giving me inside information from your tank and how you keep it looking so damn good, they are going to now be the managers of my critter crew and be in charge of who eats what, and who cleans what. Thank you so much again and please thank Natalie for me as well for schlepping them all the way here. (btw, the door-man but her building thought i was crazy picking up a little sample of bugs).
    p.s. they all send their regards and promise to write.
    Albert
    My Photos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast