Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Large Tank Coming Soon

I pretty much have my design ready and have gotten a lot of help from alot of you special thanks to REEFERBOY.
    I will be having an overflow box on the outside[left side panel]
    with all drains coming out of that.That side panel will have a groove cut out around 1,1/2'' to 2'' along most of the length of said panel. I've seen only 1 pic of a tank like this[thanks for pic Vince] and the idea was first told to me by [thanks greg].
    The bottom of both panels will be drilled for closed loop. anyone else ever seen a tank with a shorter side panel with eggcrate acting as the teeth? This is a big tank. 96''x34''x32''deep[all I could fit]

WOW..

Alright jonny.. Im taking you up on your offer to stay at your house in the summer for the meets.. lol, just give me a doggy bed in front of the tank.. and im happy!!

Who are you having build the tank?
    -Tony

My next hobby will be flooding my basement while repeatedly banging my head against a brick wall and tearing up $100 bills. Whee!

TANK

AQUARIUMOBSESED.COM Will is the lads name. was very easy to deal with and responded to all e-mails and calls. IA also builds tanks at a great price but shipping and all that stuff. He also seems to be having major troubles with unhappy customers from what I've read.

I figured it might have been aquariumobsessed since he's a bit closer to you than Mitch is. Hearing good things about those tanks Will builds.

Are you going to make it 3-way viewable? I'm guessing maybe because of the overflow on one side? The only issue with 8' tanks with overflows on one side, is that any surface slick on the opposite side has a longgg way to travel to get to the overflow.

Do you have any pictures of the construction in progress?
    -Tony

My next hobby will be flooding my basement while repeatedly banging my head against a brick wall and tearing up $100 bills. Whee!

I think you left an 's' out of the address :-)

AQUARIUMOBSESSED.COM
    Nick

Johhny..

How is it being Delivered? and when? If you arange it on a weekend that we have a MASO meeting.. i could always rent a Uhal truck ( $29.99 ) and drive her up there.. then you would have tons of people to help unload it and stuff

Whata think!

Talking nICKB

You are correct. Missed an S. When I type I fly spelling be damned. Mike, thanks dude. It will take 6 guys to lift it! but Will delivers. Del, with The flow I'll have they'll be no slick thats for sure. It will be 3 way viewing. I haven't started the building yet but the wheels are in motion now.I'll keep all posted.

With a couple of good Rats to push that scum down towards the over-flow end, there is no problem... :

Now all you need is a good high-flow pump those Rats so they can push all the goo down to the other end...
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

Talking reefvan

You'll be getting a call.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast