Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mangrove

Mangrove

for an added dimension, i placed a mangrove in my tank as well. i have heard that they are hard to keep, but i figured i may as well give it a try.
    Anyone every try one out?

here's the link:
    http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_...26&pCatId=1477
    Albert
    My Photos

Cool mangrove

just started one myself. I have it in the refugium but will put it in the sump possible with a bunch of live rock and see what happens. I want the roots to tangle down and help with any bubbles that might get thru.plus it looks cool! when I set up the new system I will have 2 parts to the refugium. 1 mangrove, 1 macro. Thanks to HARLEY from ACRYLIC CITY for the pod.

Johnny, looks like you have everything i get. you must have good taste (and i must be picking thins better).
    how long does it take for the roots to grab onto a rock? i have mine now pretty balance, but not very stable. hoping the roots will start to grab within about a week. unlikely?
    Albert
    My Photos

Talking ALRHA

on the good taste!!! I'm just floating it now in a piece of eggcrate and letting the roots grow out. I might be getting ready for a tank switch soon so I don't want to set it up just yet. You want something guarenteed to eat hair algea! get a bunch of RAINFORD GOBIES! They rock!

Rainford Gobies? never heard of them. cant really afford a bunch (biologically) i'm only in a 72 gal so far and i like variety. but perhaps one or two may not be a bad idea, i gotta look into those.
    Albert
    My Photos

I've heard that its really hard to get the pods started, and that its best to get one that already has a couple leaves on it. I know a couple people that have ordered the pods and each time they died a while later.

found him.
    is this it?
    http://www.marinedepotlive.com/493734.html

i didnt know of them as hair algae eaters. how many you think i can squeeze in? (according to them they can even breed).
    Albert
    My Photos

and would they jump out of an uncovered tank? (because my tank is uncovered)
    Albert
    My Photos

Cool

Thats the Gobie. never goes near the top. no fish of mine even gives it a second look. They just eat all day picking at the hair algea. there not big so 2 or 3 in your tank wouldn't be a prob.

John,
    They actually eat the hair algae? Are you absolutely sure it's the algae they're eating and not the little critters that tend to gather inside the alagae as a refuge? There's not many things that willingly eat the hair algae.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast