Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JBL Powerheads....

Firstly...thanks Ivan I got my order today. Unbelievable packaging and great products. Thumbs up to you.

I intalled the powerheads today and they work great. I love the two way output as I can now have water flow running down the back of my tank into the rockwork. The fish are still trying to figure it all out though...hahahaha. The suction cups are questionable but then again, there isn't a set of suction cups that I have had work in saltwater ever. That didn't matter to me as I have them burried in the rock anyhow. I'll give them a better report after they run for a week or so but so far I love em....I got the 530 GPH ones and what a jump up from the maxi jet 1200's I had before.

The Cyclop-eeze was gobbled up instantly by everything in the tank. This might be my new starter food for finiky eaters.

The pods were added and since I have never seen or used these before time will tell whaat happens. Has anyone used the pods from reefcrew. I added them to the refugium but was wondering if someone can report on anything they saw after adding them...

Thanks Ivan....

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

aww man I cant wait until my powerhead gets in the mail....only 1 more day, if I calculated it right..

ijo
    Mouse... thats great news... :thumb:

I have used the pods in an SPS tank... I must admit.. at first I thought they was not much there for the price but give it 2-3 months and you should see the difference.. there are pods all over the place in there. I plan to use this product in my rock holding tanks... this way our clients who purchase rock will get a ton of pods to go along with it.

Ivan

The Copepods will reproduce in your tank if there is minimal or no predation. They do however Reproduce very slowly. As IJO said, give it a bit of time and you should begin to see more of them.

Just look for the small moving white spots on your glass.
    Your Source For Live Marine Food

From what I have read it will take 2-4 months to see. I don't doubt the product it's just that I have never used them before...

That's a great idea to add them to the rock holding tank. I should have great results as the only pod predator I have right now is a six line wrasse but I have tons of rock in the tank.

I look forward to seeing the results. I'll keep you posted...I'm am very impressed with these powerheads...I use to be a guy who would use nothing but maxi's...

Anyone thinking of using the JBL powerheads...I highly recommend them.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Aren't they JBJ powerheads?

JBL makes speakers...

Just toying with ya Mouse
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

I have had 2 orders of pods from Reef Crew. The first bottle, I admit that I couldn't see anything in it. My son (who reads the "printed by" line on the eye chart) saw "things moving." The second bottle, he was able to show me by holding the bottle up to the light so I could see them. (It's nice to have young eyes.) Have I seen any difference? Hard to say as I put both bottles in my refuge that gravity feeds to my display tank. I do know that when I stir the macro algae in the refuge, a fog of "things" comes out in the display tank. The mandarin is getting fatter so it must be eating something.

Why 2 bottles? I would just as soon pay for merchandise instead of shipping.

Vickie

Dumb question: Where are the 'pods' listed in the shopping page?
    Nick

ijo
    good question... I will add them now. Thanks nick!

IJO

I pulled out the magnifying glass on the bottle...there were tons of little buggers in there moving. Just shows ya I'll try anything...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast